BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This baby sure is light at only 17 lbs! Some of us gathered to help a friend put her exhaust on and damn! :thumbup:

You can nearly throw it in the air and catch it with one hand! I couldnt' believe it was that light but try doing that with the stock exhaust....hahahaha

all I gotta say is this lucky M3 owner is total :pimpin:

I've owned 3 exhaust systems on my M3 (ACS, SuperSprint, and Hamann) and none can compare to the weight of this beauty.

later,
rick

Attachments

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's one more shot of the tips compared to a

rectangular unit I was debating on putting on my custom unit when it gets done....what do you guys think?

late,
Rick

Attachments

·
Im The Man
1,266 Posts
Only thing I don't like about these titanium exhausts is how the tips look rusted and old, otherwise the weight savings is pretty nuts.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey Rick- That exhaust looks great- Crazy weight:yikes:
Gotta love everything ti!

BTW- Here's a cleaned up photo for your sig- your current pics has all sorts of jaggies from re-sizing in it- Use this if you want to?
Cheers
James:thumbup:

Attachments

·
all stock
387 Posts
MCD007 said:
Only thing I don't like about these titanium exhausts is how the tips look rusted and old, otherwise the weight savings is pretty nuts.
That's actually the unique look of titanium. You don't get that blueish purplish hue with other exhaust tips.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Damn man...

I gotta get me one of those!!!

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the purplish tint is a trademark of Titanium and I love how it looks....even thought of painting mine to simulate it..hahaha j/k

Anyways, that thing is top notch as far as welds and craftsmanship! Wish I can afford one but not right now :(

I'm sure she will post some pics once she gets the car washed.

thxguy: Thanks for the sig touchup! my g/f is working on a new sig for me right now since my car is undergoing some more changes.

As for me selling the car, yes it will be sold eventually since I just got a call from the dealer that the E55 will be here in mid Feb! Guess whoever is the lucky owner of my M3 will have a lot of new mods! :)

btw, I will be in Chicago from today till Jan. 5th so if any of you Fanatics want to hook up maybe with some of the DTM guys they have a meet every Thursday in Schaumburg. Drop me a PM or e-mail.

late
rick

·
Registered
880 Posts
MCD007 said:
i'm w/ you...i don't like the look of the tips' discoloration.

·
Registered
97 Posts
KromeX said:

That's actually the unique look of titanium. You don't get that blueish purplish hue with other exhaust tips.
I love the purple/blue tone on titanium exhaust systems :D It shows how hard you've been driving :lmao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts