BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident CF Whore
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering...
Which is the louder of the two?
The Eisenmann 83mm race with the sound pipes or the UUC TSE2 with their straight pipes?
I've heard the TSE2 straight piped on a 325i, but I don't know of anyone with an Eisenmann.
Whatever it is... I just don't want my way too quiet Dinan one anymore.

·
Resident CF Whore
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMWERKEN said:
Not to hijack the thread...but how did u like the TSE2 on the 325i? Was it too loud or alright?
After it got installed, it sounded LOUD!
It wasn't one of those gay high pitched loud like on civics, but it was a deep roar kinda loud.
May have been too loud though...
I could hear my friend coming down the street from my place. :yikes:
It would be cool once in a while, but don't know if I can stand that much loudness everyday.
The TSE2 with resonator would probably match my taste.
However, I'm leaning towards getting an Eisenmann because of the much larger tips.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
The TSE2 with both resonators on is pretty loud in the begining. It was ANNOYING loud, and it droned like crazy on the freeway at less then 70mph. But as I put on more and more miles onto the car, the more and more mellow it became. The tone is NICE. I get compliments on how it sounds. I currently have 350 miles on the exhaust, Rob at UUC said that give the exhaust 1000 miles to fully break in, and the exhaust will quiet down even more than now.

·
Resident CF Whore
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... I thought it was the other way around.
My dinan exhaust grew louder as it broke it.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
gmhl10 said:
HAHA...iono, it might be that i'm just getting used to the loudness of the exhaust. But don't worry about the tse2 loudness, it really isn't that loud, i was just used to how quiet the stock exhaust was. When my gf drove next to me on the road, she said that she could barely hear the exhaust in her car. And she said that the exhaust sounds MEAN!!!!:thumbup:

·
Resident CF Whore
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump.
Anyone really knows?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ive also been checking out the UUC TSE2...I am pretty sure that you can adjust the sound on it...check out the website.

What can you guys with one tell me about performance gains...noticeable?

Thanks for the help.

James

·
Resident CF Whore
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well... I'm more curious about the Eisenmann because I've already witnessed the TSE2 myself.
Just wondering how the Eisenmann sounds with something I can compare it to.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Go to BMW-syndikat.de (or something like that...if you can't find it go to yahoo and type in bmw syndikat). It's in german but you can still make out the words, so look for media or sounds or ssomething like that. On the sounds page they have the eisenmann exhaust on a 325, 330 and m3. It sounds killer. By the way...how was the dinan exhaust sound wise and performance wise??

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have the tse2 and I like it... It can be loud on somedays, but for the most part it's more quiet now than when I installed it. I get complements on how nice it sounds too..

·
Rogue Engineering
2,362 Posts
Im getting the Eisenmann Race 83mm with soundpipes in the near future...Ill keep you updated

4,231 Posts
gmhl10 said:
It all depends on the internal design. Actually, there are a variety of internal designs, so the only specific brand I am commenting on is UUC.

Our packing material stays where it is, but compresses and creates a more-dense outer shell.

Some designs' packing will shift to the back end of the muffler, which would make it louder. Some baffled designs will have their baffles change shape or simply break, resulting in louder or quieter depending on exactly what happened.

- Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Eisenman can be loud if using the race system. I am actually using their High performance system on my X5 4.4 at present. It is awsome. On my 330CIC conv I went with the B&B Triflo system.

:thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts