BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after killing myself today for not winning the quad exhaust, i think i'll have my friend buy me a eisenmann race exhaust for my car that will no longer be driven....question though, will 83mm tips be too big for my car? i have acs addon too, so its pretty small. if i have to cut it then i'll killmyself twice because i wanted that exhaust so bad without the 100000000000000 year wait. thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
83mm should be fine. Here is a pic of a Eisenmann 76mm DTM i had installed a couple days ago (just in case you decide to get smaller ones):

Attachments

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
so wait, your not getting the eisenmann quad? :banghead: would have looked pimpin, bro... :sad:

-brendan

·
Alpine White
842 Posts
Hey Kevin,

I don't know if you took a careful look at my car that one time, but even with the 76mm tips that I have, it is pretty close to touching my Hamann rear apron. I literally have about 2mm clearance between the top of the tips and the bottom of the rear apron. From what I remember, the ACS rear on your car doesn't have much clearance either.

If you want quad, you definitely have to cut out a slot on the right, but you might have to cut out a bigger slot on the left side also if you want the 83mm. If not, you'll end up melting part of the rear apron. I haven't melted mine yet, but I'm worried that it might eventually melt a little.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn alrite, the reason i ask about 83, is because its the only one rennsport has in stock :(((((((((( i guess i'll end up with 1 type 3 for christmas then

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrite i just measured the hole in my acs addon, and its 19 cm so thats about 190mm. Will that be enough clearance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts