BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got them put on Monday. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera when I went to get it installed so I wasn't able to take any pictures right out of the box. :( But I will tell you, the welding is much better than the old 83mm race and noticeably deeper and louder. It's also a little lighter, at about half the weight of stock. Here are pics:

Before:

After:

Tips:

Plaque:

Pipes:

Side:

Above:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine last week too...but haven't had a chance to swap it yet. Are you much more satisfied with it than an 83mm Race?

Installing mine on Saturday morning...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it sounds much more agressive than 83mm race.... I even felt better performance gain. You in LA too?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really? Great! I was thinking about buying the Gruppe M CAI, but wanted to see how the car felt after the Meisterschaft first...

Yeah, I live in BH, work downtown.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool... Does the CAI really improve performance on an E46 m3? I heard it did just the opposite... Btw- I'm putting together a little meet in West LA SAT morning, at the IN&OUT in the Marina @ 10am.... I know you said you're getting your exhaust installed but if you get it done before then feel free to stop by. Some of us are going to do a canyon run up Mulholland Hwy later on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah--actually saw your post on that "other" message board...;)

The Hamann carbon fiber airbox is terrible, but the Gruppe M is supposed to be great. A friend of mine just installed it 2 weeks ago. Long and short is that power / performance is improved in the 70-90 mph range, not so much in the 0-60.

What other mods have you done so far?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if there is noticeable improvement, I'm definitely going to do it. :)

Haven't done much "performance" mods... Just the exhaust. But AC styling all around... AC pedals, AC e-brake, AC three-piece spoiler, AC roof spoiler and doing the AC rear diffuser and wheels next. Hard-wired Gen2 DAE's running to a switch in the car, rear shock tower brace, Clarion VRX925VD 7" LCD, with DVD/MP3/CD and Clarion TV Tuner...

Other minor stuff, PIAA Xtreme white fogs, painted reflectors, platinumvision bulbs, interior xenon lights, xenon reverse lights..

I'm gonna do coilovers soon and I'm still thinking about getting the front AC spoiler. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, and I'm getting the UUC SSK next month....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehe, well I would have done it already but I'm saving up for ACS Type III two-piece wheels.... that's about $5k

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Nice!!!

Ur car is looking good!!!! I give you :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
What's the difference between MEISTERCRAFT vs. the old EISENMANN 83 MM Race? Is the Meistercraft aka Titanium one? Also, are the welds better w/the Meistercraft ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where do shop for parts from? I know Renn-Sport is advertising the Type III (1-piece) with rubber for $2700. They should help you out with the 2-piece rims for less than $5K...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are numbers I got from EisenHaus:

Stock Exhaust: 56 lbs
83mm Race: 42 lbs ($1200)
Meisterschaft (Stainless Steel): 38 lbs ($1800)
Meisterschaft (Titanium): 22 lbs ($2800)

I got the stainless steel version. The welding is MUCH better than the 83mm race, as the "underneath" picture above should attest. EisenHaus also claims there is a noticeable increase in performance gain between the old 83mm race and Meisterschaft.
Personally, I felt some performance increase in mid-range torque.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I get all my stuff through D2 Technik... I've been dealing with them for a while so they give me really good prices. I don't remember the exact quote they gave me but it may have been less than $4k with Michelin Pilots....

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Very nice! I want to put an exhaust just worried about BMW dealers blaming it on the exhaust if my 11/01 prod. m3 blows up or something. I also heard the gas mileage will get worst..one of my friend has the 83 mm race and her car is gettin around 15 mpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's impossible for BMWNA to blame engine failure on the exhaust but I can understand your "paranoia" :) I hadn't heard about the decrease in gas mileage..... You wouldn't happen to be talking about Winnie, would you? I'll keep you updated on my gas mileage.... I get about 15mpg around town anyway, and 25-28 on the highway... I'll keep an eye on it on my next road trip.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup, Sam @ D2... and John at EisenHaus. =P

1 - 20 of 30 Posts