BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning to buy the eisenmann exhaust for my 02 330i w/ sport package. How does the 70mm or 76mm fit under the sport package rear skirt? which size is better fit? anyone installed them on their 330i and pics. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a CiC so I can't speak on fitment. I have the 76 mm tips and they look great - bigger than an M but not too big.

As for the sound, I love it. I got the HP with sound pipes. I ended up installing the sound pipes right away, although I was very nervous it would be too loud on a 330. All I can say is Eisenmann did it right. The sound is so nice that I'm glad I took out the resonator. I'm even hoping it gets a bit louder as it breaks in!

I didn't realize it but the resonator has a big rubber weight (to dampen vibration I guess) so it was pretty heavy.

I spent months researching my exhaust selection and ended up selecting Eisenmann HP. It is wonderful souding. The sound is deep at idle, a good grumble that's fairly loud but no droning or raspiness. With the windows up it not much louder than the engine. At higher rpm it begins to sing and sounds great above 4000 rpm. Not whinny or really loud - just musical. Deceleration gives some nice burbling sounds.

It was 50 degrees yesterday and I drove around with the top down and heater on, just listening. I found myself driving a gear lower than I used to just to keep the revs up and that "music" playing. To credit BMW, this is the best sounding inline 6 I've heard except for a 60's Jag XKE (and that's not a fair comparison because the webers add to the XKE's sound).

To anyone who wants an agressive exhaust that maintains a "BMW character" with out being obnoxious to your neighbors - I highly recommend the Eisenmann HP with sound pipes. I can imagine the race would sound even better, but I'm sure it would be too loud for some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts