E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Eibach Pro VS Eibach Sportline for ZHP vert

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bimmernate 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a 05 ZHP vert and I am doing a complete suspension refresh. I have already decided I am replacing my shocks and struts with Koni yellow sports and know that I want some amount more of drop then my current set up (zhp suspension) so I am deciding on springs now. The problem is, I don't know how much drop and am deciding between the eibach pro or sportline. I live in Michigan and the roads are "ok", and I don't want to be bottoming out anywhere or having my bumper taken down by a pot hole. Do you guys think the sportline would be to low, or just that perfect amount of drop with that amazing look I am looking for? And then do you think the pros would be to little of a drop from my current set up and not even be worth it to spend the money, or would they give me that more aggressive look I am going for, but still give some ground clearance when needed? However, what I don't want to happen is to get the pros and have them be a waste of money in terms of not noticing a difference from my current height/drop.
Thanks

#2 ·
I have sportlines on my 325 and I don't' think its too low, but I'm pretty cautious when it come to dips, potholes etc. If you are woried about the car being too low or too high with springs I would recommend picking up some coilovers. BC coilovers are a great option and can be had for about the same price as the Koni/Eibach combo.

#6 · (Edited)
honestly, eibach pro kit is going to be a minimal drop. Expect 0.75 inch max drop on the front, and the back to basically stay the same. You might not even notice it so if you are worried about that, you should go for the sportlines (they will look better). That being said, with the sportlines you are going to have to be more careful. I live in SF and I think the eibach pro kit is the perfect lower for a mixture of crappy roads/conditions/hills. I drive the car just as I did with the stock springs on and I have never scraped even once. I had the sportlines on my last coupe and I had to be pretty careful. I actually cracked one of the splitters once coming out of a drive way when I didn't angle it properly.

also, recently tirerack had a sale(actually the sale is still going on):

tirerack has the sportlines for $220 shipped and the koni yellows for $570 shipped. =$790

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.