E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone here or anyone you know was running the Eibach Pro System suspension on their car. Specifically interested in the spring and strut/shock combo as compared to a H&R Cup kit. Thanks for the info!!!

·
Flex UK Style
2,507 Posts
I've got Eibach prokit springs on stock shocks. Ride quality is REALLy nice. The springs are progessively wound and makes the car corner tighter when being pushed but not intrusive when driving normally.

HTH

·
Registered
184 Posts
tim330i said:
what do you mean?

What I meant was how was the ride quality during the winter? Did the drop in height affect winter driving.. for example.. bottoming out easier on snow/ice etc.. etc.. sorry for hijacking the thread.. but I thought I would ask since I saw your signature.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
the difference from stock to any aftermarket suspension isn't that great in my opinion that it is going to make a different. For instance I have never been out driving in the winter thinking, boy, if I had my stock suspension I could drive over that snow pile. The limiting factor is the tires more than the ride height.

The ride quality in the winter is fine when the roads are not covered in snow, when they are the ride quality is the same.

I simply am not getting what the question is....lowering your car doesn't really effect winter driving unless you slap snows on your ride and like to drive through snow banks. If you like that, well then umm, i guess the ride over a big ice chunk could be a little harsher than stock :)

Tim

·
Registered
297 Posts
BigFas said:
I've got Eibach prokit springs on stock shocks. Ride quality is REALLy nice. The springs are progessively wound and makes the car corner tighter when being pushed but not intrusive when driving normally.

HTH
Stock did your car have the sport suspension or non-sport.
I am wondering what the life expectancy is of the non-sport stock shocks with the Eibach prokit springs will be. I've heard that sometimes the stock shocks die early when you lower the car.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
SP shocks last 10-20K on more aggressive springs. Stock SP shocks on SP springs probably last 50-80K depending on the roads.

Aftermarket shocks are definitely the way to go, especially if you have to pay to have the springs installed.

Tim

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tim -after you lowered your car, does a typical alignment include camber adjusting and all that other stuff to correct the wheel alignment? ...or did you have to pay extra for some camber kit and stuff?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just ordered a ProKit with shocks today,comes highly reccomended from my shop, i went in to order a coil over set up,and was talked into this (i get parts at cost so their profit was no factor) they reccomend eibachs unless somone realy wants someting else,plus i think the drop will be fairly unobtrusive during winters even here in WNY ive had eibach on a previous car and liked em too,plus i dont care for the "raked" look of the H&R Cup kit and i definately wanted to replace my shocks when i did spring to avoid having to pay the full shot and hastle of installtion and another alignment in 10k miles (im at 50k now so i couldnt imagine my orignal non-sport shocks lasting much longer with lower springs)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You made a good decision. My friend just installed h&r sport springs on non-sport shocks. As a result, the car now has excessive bouncing due to th improper shock and spring setup.

rpiano78 said:
I just ordered a ProKit with shocks today,comes highly reccomended from my shop, i went in to order a coil over set up,and was talked into this (i get parts at cost so their profit was no factor) they reccomend eibachs unless somone realy wants someting else,plus i think the drop will be fairly unobtrusive during winters even here in WNY ive had eibach on a previous car and liked em too,plus i dont care for the "raked" look of the H&R Cup kit and i definately wanted to replace my shocks when i did spring to avoid having to pay the full shot and hastle of installtion and another alignment in 10k miles (im at 50k now so i couldnt imagine my orignal non-sport shocks lasting much longer with lower springs)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello rpiano78,

rpiano78 said:
Who is your shop? Where do you have the suspension installed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.