BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...
I am looking to improve the ride of my 2000 328ci w/ sport package...

I find the ride is a little bit to harsh and want something a little bit more comfortable..

now I know that most will say the OEM sport suspension is more forgiving that any aftermarket setup but I have ridden in many audi's with aftermarket suspensions that were smoother than stock..
I was wondering if there was a similar setup for the 3 series..
I dont want something as soft as stock non-sport but
I read a Eibach Pro System review in the archives which makes it sound like it is a good setup for my uses

eibach pro system review

I do not want any spring only setups... I feel that the ride could be improved through the shocks..
does anyone have any comments on the ride of the pro system or similar setups?
also does anyone know how much the kit costs and where it can be purchased

thanks

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
i have the eibach pro-kit but w/o the dampers and i feel the ride is comparable to stock. i personally wouldn't wanna make my suspension softer. i like the roller coaster feel around sharp turns :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your comments

but yeah I am definately going to go with upgraded dampers also if I change out the springs...

where did you purchase the springs from and do they sell the complete pro system?
thanks

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
nealM said:
thanks for your comments

but yeah I am definately going to go with upgraded dampers also if I change out the springs...

where did you purchase the springs from and do they sell the complete pro system?
thanks
i bought mine used from sporty945. i'm not sure about selling the complete system. PM the member who originated the pro-system post and ask him.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
your most likely gonna get a rougher ride lowering the car, i had eibach ground controls on my 00 and i will never lower my car again it was horrible rough ride, always scrapping on speed bumps and rattling noises

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
honestly... I do not think ground controls are a good comparison
to a well matched spring/ shock setup
thanks for your feedback though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts