E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 1999 323i 4 door sedan with 87K miles and would like to get the eibach pro kit. The place I'm planning on getting them installed at recommend me to get new shocks which he recommended the Bilsteins. He said they work well with the Eibach Pro kit. I don't want too low of a drop and I don't want to have the bouncy ride with the springs and don't want to "bottom" out at all.

Does anyone have this spring and shock combo on their cars?

The price for the eibach springs with installation and alignment is $500 out the door. Is this a good price?

I'm still waiting on the price for the Bilsteins with installation from the shop to call me back with.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Imported *******
828 Posts
my experience with bilstein has been bad. Well, i don't have them but my best friend has replaced his twice in the past 2 years he has had them. Each time, they have leaked. His running H/R with bilsteins in his E36.

under warranty, but install costs are a biatch!!!

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,293 Posts
The price for the eibach springs with installation and alignment is $500 out the door. Is this a good price?
I think that's a pretty good price. The springs are about $250, installation takes a couple hours, and a good 4-wheel alignment is about $100 or more. :dunno:

I plan on putting H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks on my E39 5-series, it seems like a good combo.

Have you thought about H&R springs instead of the Eibach's? The H&R's are just as good and may be slightly less expensive.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I just got a call from the shop and he said it's gonna cost me $1350 for Eibach Pro-kit, Alignment, Bilstein shocks all including installation out the door.

I think that's a little steep for me. I may just try getting the springs installed only then see how my ride is with factory shocks.

I thought the H&R springs lower the car more than the Eibach Pro-kit? That's the reason I was trying to get the Eibachs.

UGH!

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
1,970 Posts
have you thought about the Eibach Pro-System?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kidsdoc
=======
What is the Eibach Pro system? I've never heard of that.....can you tell me what that has?

About the Cupkit
============
Can you tell me what this is also?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm kinda new to this stuff.

Is the cup kit cheaper than getting the eibachs and bilsteins for $1350?

Which one has the best comfortable ride?

·
Registered
372 Posts
i'm not exactly sure what the eibach pro-system comes with... for sure it comes with the prokit springs and shocks... maybe sways and dampers too. but if you're gonna spend that amount of money... might as well get a coilover suspension like KWs or PSS9s.

the HR cupkit is a matched HR spring/Bilstein shock combo. it's not adjustable. the cupkit will run you 600 from rennsport. Best bang for the buck if you ask me.

i'm switching from my eibach prokit to a HR cupkit because i want a lower ride. the prokit doesn't get rid of all the fender gap. when i first got it... people wondered if my car was even lowered. the prokit is awesome in terms of comfort... almost OEM sport-like. it also has an even drop, unlike the HR.

if you're dead-set about getting separate springs and shocks... consider koni shocks. they're adjustable so you can adjust the stiffness.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,293 Posts
I thought the H&R springs lower the car more than the Eibach Pro-kit? That's the reason I was trying to get the Eibachs.
I'm not sure for the E46, but the H&R Sport springs for the E39 are not as big of a drop as the Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

You chould check it out, go to www.turnermotorsport.com, they carry a wide range of H&R and Bilstein parts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Calvin,

Thanks a lot for the information. I just checked www.hrsprings.com and read the info about HR cup kits. They lower the car more than 2 inches.

I went to www.eibach.com and didn't see anything about eibach having any type of cup kit available.

I basically just want to lower my car a little, but not that much and still be able to retain a comfortable ride, which is why I thought the Eibach Pro-kit would better. I used to have the pro kit in my 96 honda accord and the ride was pretty smooth with my factory shocks.

The maximum amount of money I want to spend for lowering my car is about $600-800 maximum so I'm trying to figure out what I need to do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this setup

I have this setup. I have a 1999 323i. Originally, I started by just going with the Eibach Springs with the stock shocks and struts. Shortly after I added the Bilstein sport shocks and struts. The ride height is so so, I think it could be slightly lower in the rear. For ride quality, its pretty stiff. The stiffness allows you to take corners at higher speeds and be more stable. Personally I like it a lot. I have Racing Dynamics anti-sway bars so that may add to some of the rigidity in the ride while going over bumps. Instead of going with the Eibach's and the Bilstein sport shocks, I'd go with the Bilstein PSS9 kit.

·
Registered
372 Posts
go with the eibach prokit with koni shocks... should be almost identical to the OEM sport ride. i must warn you that the prokit will only drop the car about half an inch to three quarters. not more than that. i have about a 2 finger gap on my ride.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
1,970 Posts
The Eibach Pro-System is a set of springs with shocks; will cost you around $550 or so from Renn-sport.com

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,293 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kit springs for a '99 323i will lower the front and rear 1.4" if you don't have the factory Sport Package.

H&R Sports will lower the rear 1.4" and the front 1.75" w/o Sport Package

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.