BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a set of Eibach lowering springs, either the Sportline or Pro-kit series. I was wondering if i would have to buy camber plates to use with the springs. Is this something i can install my self? How about my shocks?

Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
Tomkee said:
I am looking at buying a set of Eibach lowering springs, either the Sportline or Pro-kit series. I was wondering if i would have to buy camber plates to use with the springs. Is this something i can install my self? How about my shocks?

Thanks
Installed the eibach pro-kit on my car with OEM sport shocks. The ride is excellent. Was simple install by shop.No need for camber plates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey CarFreak, how much difficulty do you have pulling into drive ways and speed bumps now with the pro-kit? What do you all think of the Eibach front and rear sway bars?

·
Registered
902 Posts
i'm going for sportline springs with oem sport shocks .. does someone know how low it's gonna be dropped? i hate the "racked" look having the rear taller then the front .. so i was thinking the sportline would take care of that. it should right?

also .. Carfreak .. do u have bigger pictures of a side view of ur car with proline kit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jasyn said:
i'm going for sportline springs with oem sport shocks .. does someone know how low it's gonna be dropped? i hate the "racked" look having the rear taller then the front .. so i was thinking the sportline would take care of that. it should right?

also .. Carfreak .. do u have bigger pictures of a side view of ur car with proline kit?
According the the Eibach website the prokit drops it 1.2-1.4 overall but the sportline drops it to 1.4-1.8. But saw something online that said if you have a sport suspension on your car already it won't drop it as much?? I am not sure what to think of this.

·
Registered
952 Posts
CarFreak said:
Installed the eibach pro-kit on my car with OEM sport shocks. The ride is excellent. Was simple install by shop.No need for camber plates.
I think you sold me... after so long of ding dong I'm getting pro-kit to go with my OEM sports shocks. I just hope the shocks won't wear out prematurely.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Tomkee said:
According the the Eibach website the prokit drops it 1.2-1.4 overall but the sportline drops it to 1.4-1.8. But saw something online that said if you have a sport suspension on your car already it won't drop it as much?? I am not sure what to think of this.
thank you.

·
Registered
880 Posts
certify said:
I think you sold me... after so long of ding dong I'm getting pro-kit to go with my OEM sports shocks. I just hope the shocks won't wear out prematurely.
It will definitely wear out prematurely, but when it does I'll probably sell my car. (car has 18k miles in 2 years)

·
Registered
880 Posts
jasyn said:

my car w/eibach prokit springs.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
CarFreak said:
It will definitely wear out prematurely, but when it does I'll probably sell my car. (car has 18k miles in 2 years)
You can get some Bilstein sport shocks which are made for lowering springs. :thumbup:

Tomkee said:
I got this off of BavAuto's site (regarding Eibach Pro Kit):

Improve your BMW's performance and appearance with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. They'll lower your BMW's chassis 1.4" front and rear ( .25" if you have sport suspension ) for reduced body roll when cornering, more precise steering and a lower, more aggressive appearance. Ideal for autocross, driver's schools...wherever the driving is intense and performance expectations are high.

I dont think a .25" drop is worth it for me... :dunno:

·
Registered
460 Posts
CarFreak said:
my car w/eibach prokit springs.

Is it me or does it look like it's at stock ZHP ride height?!? (dunno if you have a zhp or not)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Iniquity said:
Is it me or does it look like it's at stock ZHP ride height?!? (dunno if you have a zhp or not)
No, I had my car side by side a ZHP when I had just the sport shocks and springs. The ZHP suspension doesn't even look lower than the sports package suspension.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
if you hate the "raked" look of the 330i sports package .. what should i get? i want the car stance to be even .. not having the rear higher then the front?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts