BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but what do you guys think of this setup?

19" x 8.5" MVR Magnum front and rear
235/35/19 Tires all around
H&R Race Suspension Kit

All on my silver 325i? Any issues (i.e. fender rolling, etc.)?
I had also planned on getting GT3...but I think my money is better spent on other things...but then again 3-piece would be nice...danmit!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
IMO, i like the MVRs. but if u though GT3s into the mix, then its an entirely different story, in that case, go GT3s!

·
Registered
42 Posts
wheels & tires

19" x 8.5" MVR Magnum front and rear
235/35/19 Tires all around
H&R Race Suspension Kit
or GT3s

S,
With the above setup you will not need to have your fenders rolled. Both wheels are beautiful IMO.

The Race suspension will give you a pretty good drop--coupled with 19s, youre ride quality will be a lil bit harsher, but youre gonna be :pimpin: pimpin anyway so thats the trade off, but it'll be well worth it. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Little harsher? Scale 1 to 10, 1 being the least change. I know, I know...I'm very picky. Oh, and do any of you know if the Magnum's can hold up to a little beating? The roads here are sometimes rough...you know what I mean?

·
Registered
42 Posts
A good 1+ inch drop and 19's?

Oh yeah, the change is gonna be very very noticeable.....I'd say a 5 at least. Reasons: shortened travel range for shocks and springs as well, and not a lotta of rubber between the metal (the wheels) and the pavement.

Trade offs. Trade offs: A setup with 18's not as bling bling, but less money and better ride quality overall. 19's are very bling bling, but more money, and harsher ride quality overall.

Cant help you with the Magnums as I only know they look sweet but have no personal first hand experience or even good second hand experience on their build quality and strength.

Good luck S with whatever choice you make.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eh, a 5 isn't bad...and I'm guess I'm willing to sacrafice a bit of the ride quality for the looks. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts