E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get INPA and NCS Expert working. No joy.

I suspect this might be due to EDIABAS error failure126 API-0006 ACCESS DENIED.

I am running INPA on Win7 32/64 bit and NCS Expert in a WinXP32 virtual box.

Using a K_DCAN switched cable with pins 7+8 bridged.

INPA can't dtermine the battery or ignition status.

Does anyone have a working EDIABAS.INI file they can send me?

Cheers.

Rectangle Screenshot Font Electronic device Multimedia

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Multimedia

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Parallel

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you'd followed the guide you'd have all the files that you need.
The software is installed in accordance with the guide above (because I already have that guide and it was followed during the installation) and also the installation
instructions / software that came with the cable.

The EDIABAS error you see in the alert is being produced by the installed software. It is being produced when the software tries to communicate with the DME through the cable.

The ACCESS DENIED error means that the software isn't able to connect to the DME.

Whether that is because it can't see the cable or the DME is unknown at this juncture.

The point is that the software is attempting to make the connection and it is also handling the fact that it is timing out.
All of which suggests that the software is installed and it is working as it should. There is no reason to suggest otherwise.
If it weren't attempting to communicate at all then that might suggest an installation issue. But that's not the case
as you can see.

So what are the possibilities?

Port / interface configuration (stored in EDIBAS.INI file) or dodgy cable out of the box.

Hence my request for a copy of a working INI file. There is an interface section that I want to look at.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a working ediabas.ini file inside the ec-apps.zip file from my guide.
EDIABAS.ini is a 13Kb text file. Is there some reason you can't just attach that file rather than have me download all that stuff that I already have on my laptop and is already installed? Or paste it into a response?

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,741 Posts
EDIABAS.ini is a 13Kb text file. Is there some reason you can't just attach that file rather than have me download all that stuff that I already have on my laptop and is already installed? Or paste it into a response?
Since you already downloaded the ec-apps.zip file, just get it from there.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since you already downloaded the ec-apps.zip file, just get it from there.
You have come to this thread 3 times. My original request was clear and unambiguous.

Copy of EDIABAS.INI if anyone has it.

All you had to do was :

Open Explorer
Navigate to C:\EDIABAS\BIN
Right click ediabas.ini
Select Open in Notepad
Top menu Edit\Select all
Right click Copy

Paste it into your response.

30 seconds and done.

Why the silly game?

You're not obliged to respond to threads. If you don't want to you don't have to. Just ignore it.

It's ridiculous responding to a thread just to be combative and uncooperative. What's the point in that?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not being combative, just pointing out that you already have the file on your PC.
Find it here: ec-apps.zip\ediabas\bin
When you see INI files, or any other config files, in setup packages they are templates. They are not working files.
They are often processed by the installation program.
Opened by the setup program and modified to match the environment in which the application will run and then the modified
version is written to the application folder as the application working INI file. In Windows, for example, the installation program can
access and instantiate the methods available in Kernel32.dll a core Windows load library module that can be used to capture
specific details about the machine that the application is being installed on.

That's what a working file is. It is not the same as a template.

You insist on pointing me to a template file. That's not a working file. That's why I asked people
for a WORKING file in my original request.

The working file is at C:\EDIABAS\BIN\ediabas.ini

1 - 12 of 12 Posts