BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the part # for a 3.0L ECU harness? I need to get a price check on it. Thanks.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... that looks like what I need. I'll contact Samir to be 100% sure. Thanks for the hook up, bro. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You might be able to get it cheaper

The dealer is getting mark-up. Check out with a few online dealers, you might get it cheaper. Here is the suggested retail. BMW gets parts depending on category, between 30 and 80 percent lower than the suggested retail. The price you have is lets say, 33 percent above MSRP. Man if BMW car sales were like this nobody would be able to afford one.

Attachments

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: You might be able to get it cheaper

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
The dealer is getting mark-up. Check out with a few online dealers, you might get it cheaper. Here is the suggested retail. BMW gets parts depending on category, between 30 and 80 percent lower than the suggested retail. The price you have is lets say, 33 percent above MSRP. Man if BMW car sales were like this nobody would be able to afford one.
Thanks for the great info, bro. Samir just told me that technically I can use my 2.5L harness, but I'll need to swap sensors. I think it'll be much easier to just get a whole new 330 harness and sensors. Now if I can find a solution to issue with the MS43 software difference between the 2.5L and 3.0L engine. According to Samir, the timing maps are set for different camshafts.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm trying to get my hands on an ETK disc period. Anyone willing to share the wealth, hit me on the PM or e-mail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts