BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a supercharger kit from VF engineering and have been waiting for the ECU file for over a week. VF keeps dodging the question on when they'll send it over.

Not too familiar with this, but are there any options in the event that I don't get the file from VF? Can I just get a local tuner to adjust for this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good news! Which car do you have anyways? One thing i want to mention is the supercharger belt. When i start to monitor the boost gauge. I realized loosing boost on the higher rpms. Ended up replacing the belt came with the kit. All good now! Do they still supply same belt. I dont know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 6-speed 330ci. My boost gauge shows I hit 6.8psi but I don't think my belt is an issue yet. I did get a smaller pulley though to get a bit more boost so hopefully the belt won't be an issue when I install that. Where did you buy a new belt?

It does feel like my clutch slips whenever I shift hard though, could that be the belt? I have upgraded the clutch so it should be able to handle significantly more power than my car has now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hmm. Belt slip shouldn’t affect, sounds like its the clutch. What size pulley did you get and from where? Did you the ecu tuned with the smaller pulley?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gates (K060860HD) V-Belt

This is the belt i replaced with. And the stiffness of this belt noticeable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my car tuned after I got the ECU file. Car would stall out almost every time I got out of gear (probably cause of the lightweight flywheel?) and I had an aftermarket exhaust with catless headers. Put down 270hp to the wheels though which was nice

I got a 3.8" from vortech and I plan on going back to the shop that tuned my car after I install it, supposedly I can get up to 300hp!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got a noobish question, did you go full title and get full internals and reinforced head studs or is everything stock? With 6.8psi, I believe you could run stock internals with upgraded head studs and gasket right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been going to Tuning Tech by Frank Smith, been really pleased with the work so far. I have a MS45.

Internally, my car is stock. Everywhere I've read says that I should be good but we'll see.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ha, i am just setting up my appointment with TTFS. :) . I should do the same with swapping pulley!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been going to Tuning Tech by Frank Smith, been really pleased with the work so far. I have a MS45.

Internally, my car is stock. Everywhere I've read says that I should be good but we'll see.
Woah, okay, so no head studs or anything huh? I’m now interested how that goes, do you plan on upgrading cooling at all?

Asking for a friend o_O

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Engine cooling, I got the EMP stewart water pump but that's it. The kit doesn't come with an intercooler so I've read that it does have issues with heat soak, might be something I look into in the future but for now I'm going to just run as is, already spent a lot recently lol.

I believe the stock pulley size is 4"

·
Registered
216 Posts
Water/Methanol for coolant i think is our only option. Ordering the pulley ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Another question - Does smaller pulley needed smaller belt? What type of tensioner do you have? Hydraulic or mechanical?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very interested in how the dyno/track day turns out. If possible please post results.

I’ve been looking at the VF package for a while now but very unsure about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will post them as soon as I get it! I did get 270whp with an exhaust and catless headers from the stock pulley though. The kit, once assembled correctly, works well. Hard to tell the difference unless you're on it or you hear it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts