E46 Fanatics Forum banner

ECS Wheel Spacer not flush with rim???

11K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  toddman35 
#1 · (Edited)
I was about to install these 10mm spacers but I noticed they do not fit flush with the rim. There is about a 0.5mm gap between the rim and the face of the spacer. The hub fits nice and seems to square up correctly but it seems like there shouldn't be a gap there? They fit flush on the rotor. (Stock rims/ 2002 M3)

Anybody else notice this? ECS is closed today, unfortunately.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
This is a great way to damage the spacers or your wheels. They should slide together flush without much resistance, if they don't then the chamfer on the wheel is likely not large enough to accommodate the spacer. Typically spacer manufactures don't make the "new" hub on the spacer any deeper than the stock hub to avoid issues with wheel centers not being machined all the way though (and to save material).

This is a common issue with 10mm BMW spacers. I make flat 10mm spacers and hub extenders for situations exactly like this, but they'll only work on the front. Let me know if you need a pair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.