BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Give your BMW the carbon fiber look with this new CSL Style Carbon Fiber Trunk Lid from ECS Tuning.
This lid will give your vehicle that brilliant CSL look that is highly sought after.

This part accepts all of the factory hardware and lights and fitment is of a level you would expect for a carbon fiber part on your BMW. Once in place, your vehicle will look stunning. This deck lid is the closest thing you will get to the real CSL lid without spending thousands.

Now available!!

Fitment available for coupe and sedan. Sorry, none for the convertible at this time.

* Fitment should be excellent, however professional installation is recommended as with any carbon fiber part.

Click here to order or for more information.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
lol...what lines? the carbon fiber weave?
:rofl: no, the horizontal lines that go across the back of the trunk below the rondel and above the plate holder. They arent really "lines" but ridges....I like the smooth look like the Seibon trunk, but they dont have an indent for the rondel :loco: :banghead:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
oh i see....I just wish they wouldnt make this trunk in carbon fiber. For someone like me who would paint the whole trunk anyways its really a waste of money since carbon fiber cost alot more. Regular trunk would probably be like $200, $250 :(

:rofl: no, the horizontal lines that go across the back of the trunk below the rondel and above the plate holder. They arent really "lines" but ridges....I like the smooth look like the Seibon trunk, but they dont have an indent for the rondel :loco: :banghead:

·
CEO OF THE ROC
598 Posts
I agree with custom, would be interested in a non-carbon CSL trunk. Does anyone reputable still produce these?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Any pictures of it on a sedan?

·
Registered
78 Posts
how is the angle of the trunk lid for sedans? anyone purchase from ECS Tuning and have pictures? I cant find that old thread that did a profile view comparison of real CSL and some of these sedan replica csl trunks. anyone have installed pics? thanks

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
how is the angle of the trunk lid for sedans? anyone purchase from ECS Tuning and have pictures? I cant find that old thread that did a profile view comparison of real CSL and some of these sedan replica csl trunks. anyone have installed pics? thanks
The sedan and coupe ones from ECS have the same profile. Its not "reversed" like the other CSL-like sedan trunk.

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the orders guys!

Sedan CSL Trunk

Coupe CSL Trunk

ECS Tuning

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here's a couple pics of the ECS tuning CF CSL Bootlid on my 06' 330Ci. Great quality product and great fitment. I think because of the facelift model, I had to do a little modding to the trunk for the key hole and underneath for a couple of the bolts. But nothing too challenging. :thumbsup:
Fitment is right on and the lines match up perfectly!!

Carbon Fiber CSL Bootlid by Center SpotLight Media (SoloEuro), on Flickr

"BMW 3 Series Love" 330Ci & 335is by Center SpotLight Media (SoloEuro), on Flickr

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great Shaun thanks for the install pics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
how's the fitment on the sedan versions of these? any extra sanding or fabrication needed?

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how's the fitment on the sedan versions of these? any extra sanding or fabrication needed?
Few of my sedan guys had the same tweeks needed that Shaun ran into. Most said everything is spot on.

-James

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just purchased this on the site yesterday but now its on back order. any idea on when will the item be shipped?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts