E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 325CI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Pliers Rectangle Font Material property

Are these junk, Seems like the lowest price due to the weight of steal i would assume?

any one run these, or have opinions on this Brand and or Part

·
Registered
Е46 sedan M52B20TU 1999
73 Posts
Hello. I have exactly the same brace...it's a different make but looks the same ( manufacturer nedmotorsport)...my brace is made of steel and installed without problems...I replaced the bolt with a stronger one...set the strength to 10.9 instead of 5.8...the weight of mine spacers 2.6kg. If this thing is also steel, then I think this is a good thing ... its advantage is that it does not rely on studs, but on the protrusions of the body glasses ... check the size between the holes of the front pillars so that it installs normally and pay attention to whether you have body cracks as in the photo ... I had this problem after the purchase, but the installation of a spacer stopped the cracks.
Automotive exterior Cable Gas Audio equipment Bumper

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Gadget

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

White Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Gear shift

Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Carbon Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Е46 sedan M52B20TU 1999
73 Posts
i dont see the location of the spacers or the fix for the tear?
I didn't quite understand your question...
The cracks that I highlighted in the photo appear with age on many e46s, especially when driving on bad roads ... installing spacers does not allow the crack to increase

·
Registered
2002 325CI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't quite understand your question...
The cracks that I highlighted in the photo appear with age on many e46s, especially when driving on bad roads ... installing spacers does not allow the crack to increase
what i meant was where and what type of spacers , sorry if im slow im new

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT 2004 M3 6MT
1,128 Posts
This is a pretty generic model, theyre all over ebay. I bought one on ebay and it didnt quite fit well. eventually i ended buying a used M3 strut brace. I believe its best to have a fixed strut bar, rather than a hinged one.

·
Registered
2000 BMW E46 323i
270 Posts
This is a pretty generic model, theyre all over ebay. I bought one on ebay and it didnt quite fit well. eventually i ended buying a used M3 strut brace. I believe its best to have a fixed strut bar, rather than a hinged one.
I have no experience with hinged one, but I've made myself a solid one and I could definitely feel the difference in twisty roads. When a bit cold or wet, I get just a liiitle bit of understeer but I'm running 205mm tires so I can't complain. This one that OP posted looks fine for the price and being a hinged one, if nothing, then it can atleast prevent strut tower mushrooming or the cracks that Igor stated. I would go for it since it's hard to tell if you don't try yourself.

·
Registered
2002 325CI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can someone explain the pluses / minus of hinged vs solid. i assume the solid offers more strength to the " box " made by the brace? ,

·
Registered
Е46 sedan M52B20TU 1999
73 Posts
can someone explain the pluses / minus of hinged vs solid. i assume the solid offers more strength to the " box " made by the brace? ,
I'll try to explain how I see it. If your body has no cracks and the distance between the support cups is normal, then a solid brace (I will call it that) will be the best option in my opinion (it is important that it has good strength and does not bend too easily). I think you can put an adjustable bracket when there are small cracks and the solid one will not fit. Although a more correct solution would be the option when the distance between the support posts is returned to its place with the help of a slipway and a solid bracket is placed. But there is a drawback, the bracket can interfere with work on the engine, for example, removing the intake manifold, it may not be as convenient to remove a solid one as an adjustable one.
With regards to my shackle, it is also not perfect... the bolt that was originally allowed a play of about 4mm... I had to put a thicker bolt, it allowed to reduce the play and compress the joint more.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello. I have exactly the same brace...it's a different make but looks the same ( manufacturer nedmotorsport)...my brace is made of steel and installed without problems...I replaced the bolt with a stronger one...set the strength to 10.9 instead of 5.8...the weight of mine spacers 2.6kg. If this thing is also steel, then I think this is a good thing ... its advantage is that it does not rely on studs, but on the protrusions of the body glasses ... check the size between the holes of the front pillars so that it installs normally and pay attention to whether you have body cracks as in the photo ... I had this problem after the purchase, but the installation of a spacer stopped the cracks. View attachment 958442

View attachment 958445
View attachment 958446
View attachment 958440
View attachment 958439
View attachment 958441
Igor, you won’t fool us — you most likely cut off the canon from the Russian tank which got hit by a landmine and then melted it into this brace bar 🤣😂 NOT EVERYBODY CAN DO THAT AT HOME, DRUZHE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts