E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hopped in a drove a bit after installing the intake, looking for the promised throttle response and that fabled sound everyone mentions about CAI's. After a few minutes and only hearing a little whistle I was getting kinda disappointed, not to mention annoyed at the slow-ass car in front of me, so I change lanes and floor it...and HOLYYY **** :excited: that loud, deep resonating hum comes out of my wee little 2.5 :D

So yeah just wanted to add to the pool of reviews out there. Throttle response? Definitely higher. Hp gain? lol zero of course. Sound? great for those who like an engine tone without sounding ricey.

On another note, does anyone with an ECIS intake notice that the cone filter is kinda high? Mine is basically in line with the stock inlet and looks like it might touch the hood even...dunno if this was my mistake or not, might adjust it later.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,390 Posts
Yes it does sit kinda high, you can rotate it some to angle lower but only so much.
I liked it because it's not too loud, only when the throttle is wide open to you hear the resonance/deep growl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts