E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, quick question!

I'm looking to purchase a set of wheel spscers for my 323ci. A set of four from TMS with new bolts will run me about $250... There seem to be some really cheap alternatives on ebay, but they're cheap to point of being suspicious.:eek: Does anyone have experience buying "inexpensive" wheel spscers from ebay? How was it?

Thanks a lot!!

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Personally I haven't. If you search a bit here, you will find quite a lot of "cheap spacers" reviews. Most of them share some typical characteristics such as smaller or larger hub center diameter, vibrations on various speeds, mis-matched bolts that they come with, snapped bolts, etc.

bottom line, go with the TMS or some other good brand

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Are HNR worth the price , Im looking Into spacers my self and 500 bucks for spacers and bolts seems pricy..

·
:D
7,622 Posts
Search the classifieds guys. I got some 12 mm eibach spacers for like 70 bucks with bolts. People are always selling all sizes for cheap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got mine from BavAuto but i got mine for free because when i bought my 18 beyern mesh wheels they promised me they would fit over my stock calipers well after driving back from NH with my new wheels i went to put them on and guess what they didnt clear the callipers on my rear end!!!!!!!! I called BavAuto and said what had happened and i had a new set of spacers by mid afternoon the next day and i havent had any complaints with them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I couldn't tell you the seller because I bought mine off another member but my ebay spacers are fine. just put 20mm on the rears with h&r sports. looks nice on my DD 325xi. So far no issues but theyre coming off soon for the winter.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Ebay is not a vendor. You can find all kinds of brands there. If something is too good to be true then it probably is (wheel vibrations, too tight around the hub, getting stuck on the wheel ...)
It's better to buy used good spacers than crappy new ones.
H&R are very good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've got the ECS ones, they're great! 12.5mm front, 15mm rear is perfect IMO. You don't want to cheap out on something that's load-bearing. Go with hub-centric spacers + bolts made by a reputable company like Eibach, H&R, ECS, etc. If a wheel spacer fails, your wheel's coming off in a not-so-good way.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. I just couldn't pass up saving about $100 without seeing that wouldn't be advisable. Happy driving!

·
Premium Member
18,808 Posts
why buy ebay ones that may fail, or cause balance issues when there is always some for sale on these various BMW boards. plus them ebay bolts, how do u know theyre properly strength tested and all.
No thanks. not me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got the ECS ones, they're great! 12.5mm front, 15mm rear is perfect IMO. You don't want to cheap out on something that's load-bearing. Go with hub-centric spacers + bolts made by a reputable company like Eibach, H&R, ECS, etc. If a wheel spacer fails, your wheel's coming off in a not-so-good way.
I'm looking at the ECS ones right now, they look great. Would you recommend an even wider offset?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I would just go with TMS spacers. They are top quality and you won't have any issues running them. H&R spacers are also good. I wouldn't cheap out in this area....you may end up spending lots more in the end sorting things out.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm looking at the ECS ones right now, they look great. Would you recommend an even wider offset?
It's obviously a matter of personal preference, but no I wouldn't recommend going wider than 12.5/15. My setup brought the wheels to just barely less than flush, and I mean by maybe 2mm at the most. I think if you go any wider you'll have some issues with rubbing the wheel wells.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would just go with TMS spacers. They are top quality and you won't have any issues running them. H&R spacers are also good. I wouldn't cheap out in this area....you may end up spending lots more in the end sorting things out.....
Is that to say you don't trust the quality of the ECS's?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Exactly! :excited: I'm on the edge of ordering them. I just don't know much about which brand is top-notch for spacers specifically, and I've never used ECS products before, so I'm a little hesitant.
As long as you use a wire brush to clean the hub, use the right length bolts, and torque them down properly then there isn't anything to worry about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts