BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there was a thread out about spoilers. So I went on ebay to find a few for a member and what do I find....Some seller using my photo as his to sell his lip spoilers. I'm like :ben:
Oh well i guess it's not that big a deal but when they have their company watermark on the photo that kinda gets me. I sold the car earlier this month so doesn't matter. But that is absolutely my photo and looks like they may have other Fanatics too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pain...Accessories&hash=item43a9289217#ht_4290wt_941

·
Registered
775 Posts
Too often. I ranted about it elsewhere, but copyright violations only seem to really bother people who have their stuff stolen, and/or make a living off copyrighted material. People could try to take their own photos, but they would look like sh!t. They could hire professional photographers, but why pay for what you can steal, and why risk accurately depicting a product that may be inferior to the one in the stolen pic?

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Alex... this happened to me recently... my thread link is below...

Funny thing is that the pics already were watermarked by Eurotuner Magazine... this person removed their watermark and put his own watermark then claimed in his eBay listing that my car belonged to one of their customers.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=861418

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you first see it happen to you, you're like :eek:mg: that's my picture.

Yes over the years I recall a few others members having this happen too. Not like you're going to get anyone from China to keep from stealing your intelluctual property. That's all the do there.

I just wonder if the other colors are other Fanatics cars..I'm guessing yes.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's funny how out of all the pics they could have used/stolen, they pick one of the most recognizable ones.... how many members have acs diffusers not to mention the huntington beach plate frame lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts