BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hear about these Gruppe M knockoffs but I don't know anyone who has one. To be honest, it doesn't look much different than the original!!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Looks decent, but it's been said before - you get what you pay for. I'm sure if you spend $300 on that, you'll wish you spent the rest for the piece of mind of having the Gruppe M.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Wasn't there a thread about someone here on E46fanatics saying he thinks that a CF CAI can sell for between 200-300 and still be a quality product? Can this be the same person/project? I didn't read through the entire thread but read it early on so I don't know what happened.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Gucki83 said:
Looks decent, but it's been said before - you get what you pay for. I'm sure if you spend $300 on that, you'll wish you spent the rest for the piece of mind of having the Gruppe M.

why so you can have the same plastic part that has a Gruppe M logo on it that magically makes it 3x the price for the same thing? I'm sure there is no difference in the CIA's that are made, doesn't matter anyway since they make little to do difference, in my experience

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cheap asian knockoff?

Spend your money on a american company :)

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
^an American company? WTF difference does that make? :confused:

Edit: You know that thing looks an aweful lot like the knock-off that RD came out with about a year ago. Word was that the quaility on the RD intake was horrible, and they pretty much gave up on trying to sell it.

I can't remember if it was Fredirico's RD or Electrodyne RD. :dunno:

·
Registered
302 Posts
it may not make any difference to you but..

i'd just rather support small U.S companies like ECIS and BenFer that make and develop parts for our cars, instead of spending my cash on a foriegn companies that make knockoff parts with .25 cent an hour labor. Thats just how i feel.

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
^ Even if the products from other countries may be superior that ones made in the US? After all the car is German, kinda missed the boat on your US support there. :dunno: Whatever makes you happy...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hmm...

russ330 said:
^ Even if the products from other countries may be superior that ones made in the US? After all the car is German, kinda missed the boat on your US support there. :dunno: Whatever makes you happy...
Germany car companies with all their dealerships,assembly plants, U.S aftermarket part companies, and so on employ thousands of people in the U.S. Good business for them means good business for us.
How did i miss the boat?

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
^ Uhm... okay.

I would think that if you really wanted to support US companies, you would purchase an American car, that is made in the USA, made of US parts that are made of US steel, contains electronics from US manufactures, built by Americans, sold by Americans, and have a plethora of aftermarket parts made by more Americans that are in turn sold by US distributors.

The boat went that way. ---> :blink:

Discussion over. Back to the thread.

·
Registered
302 Posts
im not trying to start a debate

And im not saying i dont buy foriegn products, my point is that i dont like cheap foreign knockoffs from places that have no labor laws. And when it comes to certain products i like to support Small U.S business as much as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts