BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this auction on eBay. Whom ever is selling this car is selling it as a 330ci.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6007&item=2448649273

first thing i noticed was the black headlight trim and if you look at the badge, the 3's don't line up and are slightly crooked. I think this guy is trying to pass off a higher-end BMW than he has to offer.

Can any other fanatics confirm? I want to e-mail this guy but i want to make sure I'm right. :dunno:

How could somebody think they can get away with this?

·
Registered
277 Posts
i do not see the problem with this one... I think is a good deal.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay..maybe he changed the headlights then... there are no stock 330's with black headlight trim though right? I still think the badge numbers aren't lined up very well. I guess i'm anal.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The"0" does look off on the 330ci. but that could have fallen off and they put it back on.

The headlight trim on a 330 is silver. That car does have sliver headlight trim. The camera angle is making it look darker. In other shots you will see it is not black.

So car looks fine.

·
Imported *******
872 Posts
looks ok to me.

my 330 1st came with black trim, but dealer switched it back to titanium.

a simple pic of the engine should tell you everything

·
Registered
222 Posts
LAFENGAS said:
I saw this auction on eBay. Whom ever is selling this car is selling it as a 330ci.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6007&item=2448649273

first thing i noticed was the black headlight trim and if you look at the badge, the 3's don't line up and are slightly crooked. I think this guy is trying to pass off a higher-end BMW than he has to offer.

Can any other fanatics confirm?
That VIN comes up as a US-spec 330Ci with a 10/2000 build date. Looks legit.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
That's why you run Carfax and other car reports. In addition, the VIN will tell you what the car is supposed to be. That VIN says it is indeed a 330.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts