E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Hamann Ebay Eyelids from 4caroption. The guy was great to deal with and it was fairly cheap at 14.50 for a buy it now. Soo my question is, how should I go about painting these? I was going to bring it to a shop but that will cost like 50 bucks unless some1 knows of a place around the bay area/peninsula to do it for cheaper than that. So now I am thinkin of DIYing. What is the best process to go about when painting my ABS plastic eyelids? What kind of primer/paint should I get...how about sanding/grit? My car is JB btw...

·
'a certain moderator'
35,561 Posts
i doubt it will come out looking the same as ur cars finish, nick. save the $ and paint a couple things at the same time, Eyelids, Mirror bases perhaps, all of your exterior trim :D, will look great.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,276 Posts
im in hs too and im just going to save up to get all my stuff painted but if you want a diy just get some bulldog adhesive (3 coats) then dupont black paint (3 to 4 coats) then dupont clear coat (the more the better) dupont black matches really good with jetblack or try going to www.towerpaint.com and get the exact color

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
just take it to a auto body shop that deals with a lot of bmws, thats what i did. They ended up painting my eyelids for free because they just used some left over paint from another bmw they were painting.... sometimes u get lucky

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,474 Posts
Nickatina if you have the money we could both get a bunch of **** painted jet black... I dont' know what I would get though... maybe a couple lip spoilers, your exterior trim, your eyelids... shouldn't be over $150..

On second thought get that tower paint and come over and we'll paint them, haha

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jlevi said:
Nickatina if you have the money we could both get a bunch of **** painted jet black... I dont' know what I would get though... maybe a couple lip spoilers, your exterior trim, your eyelids... shouldn't be over $150..

On second thought get that tower paint and come over and we'll paint them, haha
:werd: i think i will go the tower paint route...

·
Registered
180 Posts
wow there's alotta younin's up in herre...i just got outta highschool too...freshman now. how u luhhhhh dat?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts