BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i get into it, please save the "drop the car" comments. that's on the list.

so i was in a pinch and had to take my car to meineke to get my rear shocks/struts replaced. no time to order parts and diy, and the indy shop couldn't get me in. oh well.

i never lowered my car, so yes, it is the 4x4 looking touring wagon. i noticed the other day that the rear (ones that meineke fixed) seemed lower than the front. tonight i measured from the pavement to the top of the arch in the fender. rear measured 25.75 inches. front measured 26.5 inches.

is it normal for the rear to be .75 lower than the front? if not, should i have any concerns, or take it back to the shop to get it straightened out?

thanks a ton.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
It depends on your wheel size. Really. Here are the iT ride heights based on wheel size:

16" F = 23.85", R = 22.52"
17" F = 24.44", R = 23.11"
18" F = 24.96", R = 23.62"

This height is measured from the bottom of the rim (not the tire) to the inside of the top of the wheel arch. (See Bentley Manual for these specs and a pic.) hth

Edit: This is assuming you have an E46 iT, as opposed to an E91.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I measured my car from Ground to Arch. My car is lowered and I an 25.5" all around with 18" wheels. What size wheels are you running? 25.75 does seem low. What struts did they use?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 325xit has shocks in the rear so they can't really affect the ride height. Check to make sure they didn't remove the spring pads.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts