BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-If you do this mod, I and E46fanatic.com hold no responsibility for your actions. thx

I had all clears on my car except the front bumper reflectors...nasty orange had to go! Grab some glossy Alpine white Duct tape from the garage and PRESTO!!!

Tools: -Tape (specific to your color or liking)
-Xacto Nife (or cutting utensil)
-skill at removing reflectors carefully
-steady hands for cutting!
-a drink of choice

1) remove reflectors carefully
2) apply Tape (firmly) with enough edging to cut easier. center reflector on tape.
*I applied a second layer so the orange wouldnt show through
smooth and press tape hopefully you had no bubbles.
3) carefully fold the tape around reflector and cut along the edge neatly.
4) place reflectors back in bumper slots.
5) laugh at how easy that was and that you saved 35$. it looks great with matching tape.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
20,632 Posts
hmm, looks pretty good. but i think i'm gonna fork over the $30 to JLevi for the clears. everytime i wash my car i'd have to replace the tape if i do that. and i'm far too lazy to replace it everytime.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You just have Alpine White colored tape lying around? :hmm:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beamn46 said:
that looks like absolute ****...the reflector's are only like $50......cheap asses....lol
dont hate. im not cheap. im getting a new bumper in a month.
socal said:
hmm, looks pretty good. but i think i'm gonna fork over the $30 to JLevi for the clears. everytime i wash my car i'd have to replace the tape if i do that. and i'm far too lazy to replace it everytime.

I bought mine from stealth auto.
thx for that positive comment...oh, im pretty sure when you see in person THEY DO MATCH!
AfghanScarface said:
You just have Alpine White colored tape lying around?
surprisingly I do thanks to the owner of the house, not sure why, but its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skang2535 and Kpeng. thanks for the POSITIVE comment and not HATING!!!!:bow::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I put tape on mine, part of it washed off with the high pressure washer. I replaced them with clear ones. Love them. Now, to just find a cheap set of rear clear ones that work on a facelift coupe.:thumbsup:

I imagine duct tape will hold up well though. Wish someone made some carbon fiber ones for the front and rear. That would be nice.:drool:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I put tape on mine, part of it washed off with the high pressure washer. I replaced them with clear ones. Love them. Now, to just find a cheap set of rear clear ones that work on a facelift coupe.:thumbsup:

I imagine duct tape will hold up well though. Wish someone made some carbon fiber ones for the front and rear. That would be nice.:drool:
You can easily do it. That would be some of the easiest CF work possible.

(Not to mention unique)

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
dont hate. im not cheap. im getting a new bumper in a month.
its not going to come off because i dont wash my car that HARD. you just spray around it if anything.

thx for that positive comment...oh, im pretty sure when you see in person THEY DO MATCH!
surprisingly I do thanks to the owner of the house, not sure why, but its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not hating bro, but you asked for peoples opinions by posting it here. not everyone is going to like what you do, thats just the facts. we arent asking you to like what we say, but if you put it here then you should be ready for some criticism. Also, there are some die hard e46 people here, so it shouldnt surprise you that they tell you to do it the "right" way. if you want to DIY, by all means be my guest. but dont get mad about it.

·
Registered
32,573 Posts

some one did. iono what he did with it though. i was supposed to test fit them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts