E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
34,406 Posts
if your clutch is already a bit worn (like, u can sliiiiiiightly feel it slipping once in a while) is it a bad idea to try and launch my car, or do a burn out? havent really abused the clutch from driving fast, learned stick on my car :sad:

·
Registered
874 Posts
if your clutch is already a bit worn (like, u can sliiiiiiightly feel it slipping once in a while) is it a bad idea to try and launch my car, or do a burn out? havent really abused the clutch from driving fast, learned stick on my car
Yes...launching a car, especially on the stock clutch, is REALLY hard on a clutch. If you launch it, drag it, or ride the clutch, it will wear a lot faster...and you'll notice slipping. But launching the car is not good for the clutch...or the drivetrain really :) But it's fun though!

·
Registered
434 Posts
No need to launch.. Turn off DSC, and floor it. You will spin until you are tired of flooring it <g> You can spin going 1st to 2nd gear to if you are flooring it (scary if you are heading onto a freeway haha).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.