BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View iPod Video movies/slideshows on your stock BMW NAV screen

european auto source (eas) is pleased to announce our Video Source Module kit for BMW and Mini applications. Imagine viewing movies and/or picture slideshows from your Video iPod (or slideshows from 4G Color iPod) in high quality on your BMW Navigation Screen!

Features

Two Video Inputs - with adjustable color contrast.
Smart Technology - provides automatic switching of input devices.
iPod Ready - Inputs for iPod Video and Color iPod for Video/Slideshow viewing.
AUX input - provides audio AUX input for other devices, including iPod.


Two video inputs are available on the Video Source Module kit, perfect for a DVD Player or Backup Camera (available seperately). Sound is integrated into your factory system for perfect quality audio. An AUX jack is also provided for use when the Video Souce is not being used for other devices.





Smart Technology

Smart Technology will automatically switch input sources when activated. For example, Input #1 can use utilized for your reverse camera and take over input #2 when activated. When both devices are shut off - the screen reverts back to stock Navigation mode.


iPod Video (5G) and 4G Color iPod

Fully compatible with the 4G Color iPod and new iPod Video. With the Apple A/V Cable set, you are able to view Full-Motion Video and Picture Slideshows and play audio through your stock sound system without the need for the ice>Link Plus.




iPod Slideshows

Picture Slideshows are also available, with background music from the iPod as well. You can view any picture from your iPod on your NAV screen!




DVD Video Playback

With our optional Slot Load DVD Player, you can also view DVD movies on your stock NAV screen. Our DVD players play DVD/VCD/SVCD/MP3 & Multi Region discs and feature additional AUX ports in front and rear. Also features integrated TV Tuner.

Remote Control and Mountable IR Eye Sensor are also included.




Reverse Camera Integration

We also offer our Reverse Infared NightVision Reverse Camera for installation in your Trunk Keyhole for factory-like integration.




Compatibility

The eas Video Navigation Source kit is compatible for the following vehicles:

Models Supported:

9/2002-2005 3 Series (including M3)
9/2002-2003 5 Series (including M5)
2004-2005 X3
2000-2005 X5
2003-2005 Z4

Pre 09/02 applications are coming soon.

Introductory Pricing:

eas Video Navigation Source Kit - $425.00
Integrated Keyhole Reverse Camera w/ Nightvision - $175.00
12V Slot Load DVD Player w/ TV Tuner - $175.00

Limited quanities are now in stock and shipping by the end of the week!



Lastly, as a teaser - here is a short video clip of the DVD video in action:

http://europeanautosource.com/clips/easdvdnav.wmv



As always, questions are welcome.
 

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
Joined
·
2,330 Posts
I'm in. where do I sign up?

so if I get the setup with the DVD/TV tuner, I'm looking at a total of $600, right? is the install on this as easy as the ice>link or do you guys include installation??

I was going to order a UUC SSK today, but with your introduction of this, I'll probably hold off and get this instead. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,557 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be ordering this as soon as I get my new ipod video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :clap:

Also - where does this connect to exactly? directly to the nav headunit or through the trunk CD changer/DVD nav connection? Would I have to get rid of my 6 CD changer? Thanks a lot
 

·
Invalid User
Joined
·
10,869 Posts
PHAHEEM said:
I'm in. where do I sign up?

so if I get the setup with the DVD/TV tuner, I'm looking at a total of $600, right? is the install on this as easy as the ice>link or do you guys include installation??
keep me update phaheem... i think i might get this to.

jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,663 Posts
That's a pretty sweet product. Too bad I have an '01. If I had an '02 I would upgrade to the video Ipod just to get this product....

DMXtremeZHP said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be ordering this as soon as I get my new ipod video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :clap:

Also - where does this connect to exactly? directly to the nav headunit or through the trunk CD changer/DVD nav connection? Would I have to get rid of my 6 CD changer? Thanks a lot
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PHAHEEM said:
I'm in. where do I sign up?

so if I get the setup with the DVD/TV tuner, I'm looking at a total of $600, right? is the install on this as easy as the ice>link or do you guys include installation??

I was going to order a UUC SSK today, but with your introduction of this, I'll probably hold off and get this instead. :thumbup:
Correct. Installation is pretty simple, the most complex part would be running the jacks to wherever you would like the inputs to reside.

I'll reply to your email - we can talk about installation as well. :)
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DMXtremeZHP said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be ordering this as soon as I get my new ipod video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: :clap:

Also - where does this connect to exactly? directly to the nav headunit or through the trunk CD changer/DVD nav connection? Would I have to get rid of my 6 CD changer? Thanks a lot
This is entirely independent of the CD Chagner - it can still be retained. It will interface directly at the NAV computer in the boot area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,596 Posts
tom,

when using the eas Video Navigation Source Kit - $425.00, will it also work with the Icelink<plus? or would i have to use only the video/audio rca style inputs?
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ninethree said:
do you guys have this for 7 series? 745i 2002? i'm also looking for ice link for 7 series also.
Sorry, neither for MOST/iDrive vehicles at the moment. But there is something in the works.
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
daytonaviolet said:
tom,

when using the eas Video Navigation Source Kit - $425.00, will it also work with the Icelink<plus? or would i have to use only the video/audio rca style inputs?
Not with - it's completely independent of the ice>Link since the A/V is taken from the headphone port at top of the iPod. The iPod is still in UART mode when connected to the ice>Link, it cannot be used together.
 

·
Halfway to 2L
Joined
·
2,489 Posts
:clap: I would be all over this if I had an iPod and a navigation screen. But I have neither. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,557 Posts
tom @ eas said:
This is entirely independent of the CD Chagner - it can still be retained. It will interface directly at the NAV computer in the boot area.
Is it an easy install? How does it connect exactly? Where is the Nav computer? is it near the nav DVD in the trunk?

Thanks soooo much for coming out with this product, I remember asking you about this concept the day the video ipod came out!!
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DMXtremeZHP said:
Is it an easy install? How does it connect exactly? Where is the Nav computer? is it near the nav DVD in the trunk?

Thanks soooo much for coming out with this product, I remember asking you about this concept the day the video ipod came out!!
The device you load your NAV DVD (or CD) into is your NAV computer. Just slide that unit out and plug in our kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,557 Posts
tom @ eas said:
The device you load your NAV DVD (or CD) into is your NAV computer. Just slide that unit out and plug in our kit.
I'll be placing an order in the very near future, thank you sir :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
Damnit, I just bought the TVonNAV unit a couple months ago, and then I just got the IceLink a couple weeks ago. Seems like with the DVD player, I could have negated the need for both of those and just gone with this whole deal. Arggghhhhhhh. Now I need to spend more money.

Tom, could you use the IceLink, with my Nano, and get an iPod video and have it hooked up to this new system, together. I know both couldn't run at the same time, would you be able to keep them both hooked up? And the DVD player has a tv tuner built in? That's sweet. Does it integrate control of any of the devices through the NAV controls or steering wheel controls like the TVonNAV premium kit I have or the IceLink?
 

·
european auto source
Joined
·
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jacobo said:
Damnit, I just bought the TVonNAV unit a couple months ago, and then I just got the IceLink a couple weeks ago. Seems like with the DVD player, I could have negated the need for both of those and just gone with this whole deal. Arggghhhhhhh. Now I need to spend more money.

Tom, could you use the IceLink, with my Nano, and get an iPod video and have it hooked up to this new system, together. I know both couldn't run at the same time, would you be able to keep them both hooked up? And the DVD player has a tv tuner built in? That's sweet. Does it integrate control of any of the devices through the NAV controls or steering wheel controls like the TVonNAV premium kit I have or the IceLink?
One would have to be disconnected to use the other. Essentially, you can boot the ice>Link into Ipod mode and use the Nav Source Module along with it, since it allows the iPod to remain in iPod UI. The NAV Source Module does not use iBus commands (steering wheel control), this is controlled from the iPod directly.

We do not intend the kit to compete with the BMW-offered pieces currently on the market (with respect to TVonNAV), we just go about a different way in integrating video into the system.

The DVD player has a TV tuner built in, we don't expect people to use it much since pre-recorded media is in much higher quality and easily available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
913 Posts
One last question for you Tom, and it's about the production date. Are you sure that the kit isn't compatible with the e46 that is 9/2001 and newer? My car is a 2002, facelift sedan, but the build date is 9/2001. Just wondering, you're probably right, but just figured I'd check, because looks like I'll have to wait.
 
1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Top