BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are proud to announce the arrival of our Radio-specific DICE kits for your BMW/MINI. These kits offer the same features as our trunk interface kits but eliminate the need of wiring a cable from the trunk and connecting directly at the head unit itself. Simply pull the radio, connect and Play!

For Business Cassette or Business CD vehicles. Not compatible with Navigation or vehicles equipped with Sirius.

For those vehicles that do not have CD Changer prewiring, this is your lucky day!

Benefits:

- No cutting of wires needed, 100% plug and play installation
- easier installation, no routing of wires needed
- shorter wire length educes chance of engine noise
- 20 minute installation
- an eas exclusive!

More information can be found here:

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW (R17 Radio Interface)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=659

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW (R40 Radio Interface)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=660

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah dude what the hell, this is what i needed in the first place
This is for the standard DICE kit, not for the HD.

We can use this with the HD, but you will need a 6-foot extension cable also - you're better off with the trunk install kit you already have.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Okay, I'm getting my new (2001) BMW today, the old one got totalled while parked on the street... and I'm sick and tired of my itrip.... I'm definitely getting the DICE to go straight from the back of my Business CD player... but I have some questions.

How do I make sure that the car isn't prewired for a trunk CD changer? (seems like i wouldnt be able to get this new model).

And where does the DICE box go? I would like to have the ipod to be able to rest in the cupholder area... I saw the installation tutorials (for the previous trunk versions), but I don't see a final picture of the cable coming out near the cupholders.

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I'm getting my new (2001) BMW today, the old one got totalled while parked on the street... and I'm sick and tired of my itrip.... I'm definitely getting the DICE to go straight from the back of my Business CD player... but I have some questions.

How do I make sure that the car isn't prewired for a trunk CD changer? (seems like i wouldnt be able to get this new model).

And where does the DICE box go? I would like to have the ipod to be able to rest in the cupholder area... I saw the installation tutorials (for the previous trunk versions), but I don't see a final picture of the cable coming out near the cupholders.
All US-bound vehicles are prewired for a CD Changer. If you choose the Radio-Interface kit, this disables the CD Changer harness in the trunk since we are connecting directly at the radio.

The DICE box would be placed behind the dash w/ the docking cable exiting into the glovebox.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I can basically just unplug the cable from the back of the radio/business cd that goes all the way to the trunk for a cd changer, and then plug in the dice into the back of the radio/business cd.

What If I want the cable to come out near the cupholders or sunglass opening? is this possible? I don't want to have my ipod in my glovebox. Do I still leave the box behind the dash, and just run the cable? or is there a different way

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I can basically just unplug the cable from the back of the radio/business cd that goes all the way to the trunk for a cd changer, and then plug in the dice into the back of the radio/business cd.
Yes - you are correct.

What If I want the cable to come out near the cupholders or sunglass opening? is this possible? I don't want to have my ipod in my glovebox. Do I still leave the box behind the dash, and just run the cable? or is there a different way
If you want the iPod to reside in the cuphodler area, you will more than likely need an extension cable also:

DICE Extension Cable (6 feet)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=25&products_id=238

The radio harness will reach, but there's not much room afterwards since the harness cable is 18" long, the iPod docking cable is 36" for reference.

For the added cost, you are better off going with the trunk interface kit instead.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Or I decide if $20 is worth not having to do the extra install from the trunk...

What if I were to buy the garage door kit as well, would you throw in the extension for free? ;)

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or I decide if $20 is worth not having to do the extra install from the trunk...

What if I were to buy the garage door kit as well, would you throw in the extension for free? ;)
I can meet you halfway and cover shipping for both pieces. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I have to still decide whether I think the garage door option is worth it. But I'm definitely getting the DICE kit, I cant wait. When I'm ready to order, should I call ask for you? email you my info? or just use the online shop (running real slow)

Would that extension cable significantly increase my chances of getting interference engine noise?

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a good deal. I have to still decide whether I think the garage door option is worth it. But I'm definitely getting the DICE kit, I cant wait. When I'm ready to order, should I call ask for you? email you my info? or just use the online shop (running real slow)

Would that extension cable significantly increase my chances of getting interference engine noise?
Just give me a call directly and I'll get you set up and anwser all of your questions in real time. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tom, sounds good. Thanks for all the answers so far. I will be giving you a call tomorrow - just put a note in my calendar to remind me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is not my lucky day...:(
From what i saw, it seems that you have to buy complete kit for 150$ with dice to have that new cable.
Is it possible to buy just that new cable?
I have dice but with no pre-wired trunk instalation.

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This is for the standard DICE kit, not for the HD.

We can use this with the HD, but you will need a 6-foot extension cable also - you're better off with the trunk install kit you already have.
cool, hopefully i can get rid of that last bit of noise I have, now all I need is for you to announce new longer ipod cables... :bawling: i have to dig around in my glovebox everytime i want to change the music.

though i like my old icelink+ docking cable with the sleek slim white plug, whats with the huge plugs in the photos anyway

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nop. There is Slovania?
But im from Slovenia SI386.
Just checked again, it's in there. If you're having trouble ordering through the site, we can take your info by email - contact me directly at [email protected].

1 - 20 of 37 Posts