BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trading in my lease for another bimmer. Dealer says no prob, they calculate the value of my car against my "payoff". If there is a negative balance I can roll that in to the new car. Anyone done this? My payoff is about on par with the KBB value. Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
tmaxturner said:
I am thinking of trading in my lease for another bimmer. Dealer says no prob, they calculate the value of my car against my "payoff". If there is a negative balance I can roll that in to the new car. Anyone done this? My payoff is about on par with the KBB value. Thanks

You basically take what you owe on the balance of the lease and add it to the value of the car you are leasing. Bad habit to get into.

Or put is here. www.swapalease.com (shameless plug) :thumbup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
04E46 said:
You basically take what you owe on the balance of the lease and add it to the value of the car you are leasing. Bad habit to get into.
You take the difference between what the car is worth and what the payoff on the lease is and roll it into the price of the new car. Depends on what your payoff on the lease is vs. what the car is worth as a trade in at the dealer. Don't expect KBB value.

I did that when I replaced The Wife's Honda Odyssey with a newer one. I'm paying about $80 extra per month over what it would have cost to lease the new one without rolling the negative equity in, but I was waaaaaaay over on the miles so the difference between the trade value vs. buyout was about what it would have cost to turn it in at least end in another year. With the subsidized finance rate on the new lease (0.9%) it's almost a free loan.

Scott

·
Registered
248 Posts
Pigeon said:
You take the difference between what the car is worth and what the payoff on the lease is and roll it into the price of the new car. Depends on what your payoff on the lease is vs. what the car is worth as a trade in at the dealer. Don't expect KBB value.

I did that when I replaced The Wife's Honda Odyssey with a newer one. I'm paying about $80 extra per month over what it would have cost to lease the new one without rolling the negative equity in, but I was waaaaaaay over on the miles so the difference between the trade value vs. buyout was about what it would have cost to turn it in at least end in another year. With the subsidized finance rate on the new lease (0.9%) it's almost a free loan.

Scott
Usually if you stick with the same crediting company they will not screw you too bad.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If current value = KBB (wholesale) than you should not lose much money at all. I usually trade-in my leases about 6 months in advance without losing, or usually making $500 or so.

Depends on your downpayment, current lease terms etc. But generally, dealer will give you close to KBB wholesale for your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts