BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this topic hasn't been beaten to death, but I have been digging around for an answer to this.
I have an '06 Z4M Coupe which has very similar offsets to the E46 M3 and I can get a great deal on a set of E9x M3 19s (Style 220M)

Has anyone been able to fit these rims on their e46 without modifications and without rubbing ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought i would add some numbers.
My stock Z4M sits at:
F 18 x 8 ET 42 on 225/45
R 18 x 9 ET 30 on 255/40

E9x M3 set is:
F 19 x 8.5 ET 29 on 245/35
R 19 x 9.5 ET 23 on 265/35

Online Calculators showing:
Up front rim would stick out 19mm more.
In the back rim would stick out 13mm more.

I don't think the rears would be a problem but i am worried about the fronts sticking out too much and rubbing. Currently i'm on bone stock suspension and camber.
Am i going to rub or is it a safe set up ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I put OEM CSLs on my E92M and added 20MM spacers. I still have about 15-20MMs to go. I do not reccomend what you are talking about unless you are doing a fender flare. In which case it would be unique. The rim you are talking about is very lightweight for OEM. Good luck trying to find them for a reasonable price though. Most people are looking for 2k. I just wanted to make up for the awsome deal I got on my CSLs and sold mine for 1k.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck trying to find them for a reasonable price though. Most people are looking for 2k.
Oh i can get an amazing deal on these wheels, they are BRAND new, taken off the car first day of ownership, and they also have brand new Michelin PS2s on them ... for UNDER $2k :evil:

But if they won't fit ... it means nothing :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Those are genuine, not replicas ? if they fit on a 3er then i should have no problem whatsoever... are you on stock suspension/camber ? Fender modifications ? What size tires are you running with these if you dont mind me asking.

They look beastly BTW :str8pimpi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are some pics incase anyone was still interested...I know its an old thread but hey it was unanswered

These were on my e46 m3 for a few months without any problems, even lowered the car as well, no problems running 245/35/19 and 265/35/19

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
are they clean? how much?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts