E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. (I'm a noob, so please take it easy on me!) I just recently got my 2004 330ci, and I was wondering if you could get the E90's start up chime, because that beeping when you put the key in drives me CRAZY. I like the chime better. And if somebody could point me to some DIYs with Alarm Coding, installing the BMW Professional head unit with AUX and XMradio capability, I'd be grateful. And the LCI E60 shift knob that olaf2046 (youtube user) did? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too would be interested in this, if it's even possible? i've been looking but haven't found anything, anybody know if this is possible?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Alarm coding is simple and can be done at home with the purchase of an inexpensive BMW coding tool. As far as retrofitting the BMW professional head unit in place of your BMW Business unit, I don't think that's possible.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've always wondered this myself. I think the E9X gong plays through the speakers. Not exactly sure where or how the sound is produced.
You're correct sir, it plays through the speakers. That would be a pretty cool mod if it were possible.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is me! ^ If enough people are interested I could look into writing up a DIY or even producing units for sale. It is not a simple matter of coding by any means.

·
Premium Member
2016 340i & 2002 325Ci
3,623 Posts
That is me! ^ If enough people are interested I could look into writing up a DIY or even producing units for sale. It is not a simple matter of coding by any means.
Count me in as well. Currently have the E39 gong and like it, but the E90 gong is awesome IMO.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow I'm surprised this got any interest... It took me several weeks to get it done... If you wanted to do it yourself it could probably be done in 4-5 hours. The cost of parts is around 50-70 depending on what you have and if you need to buy any tools (soldering iron, crimping tool, etc.). I could also assemble them for 75-100 depending on how many people would be interested, as I might be able to get some of the parts at a discount if I buy in bulk.

@northerncae46, the length of the beep has since been adjusted on my car, but I could set it at any length

1 - 20 of 235 Posts