E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone -

Just curious what the consensus is on how everyone has their KW suspension set up... Have you:

1. Had it installed and dont even know what your compression/dampening/rebound settings are

2. Had it installed, asked for a certain setting, and have not touched it since

3. Have adjusted all 2 or 3 options to cater to certain ride quality

If so what are your settings

my compression is four clicks from full soft toward hard....

The rest I dont even know... but im beginning to suspect riding around on a harder compression setting and full soft and rebound and dampening is resulting and a sigificantly bouncey rear end... for example a lot of ass movement up and down when hitting bumps/humps on a highway. Handling feels great, but im curious what others settings and ride qualities are....

Thanks for the feedback!

PS i searched...didnt see much help on exact settings

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, i think i wanna start adjusting everything toward the stiffer settings. Stiffer spring swap on a KW progressive coilver strut would prob be a good idea...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ive been running KW v2s for a couple of years. Couldnt be happier. I simply run then on full soft of the street and full stiff on the track. Unless the track has a tight bumpy corner exit, in which case I was advised to soften the rear a bit to get better traction, these are my settings. Simple!

After many track days though I will admit that I feel that I could use stiffer coilovers more suited for track use but since the car is my DD year long I will most likely stick with the KWs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had my V2's on for about 8 months. Tucking tire, and full stiff front on rear. couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
41 Posts
cant remember my settings right now but i think it was around 9 and 12 or something towards the stiffer side

1 - 8 of 8 Posts