BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened...I was stopped @ a red light and a truck didn't stop and plowed right into me on my bike today. I flew about 10 feet over my bars and landed in the street on my knees and hands. I am alright, but my bike is totalled (cracked frame). O'well, I guess god has a different plan for me. :dunno: To all you guys w/ bikes...have a good time, but DON'T take you're life for granted. I almost lost mine today.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That happening in a car is bad enough...but on a bike that's 1000000000x worse, glad to hear your ok dude.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,218 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
Wow man glad your alright. Bikes can be replaced, but cars cannot. This is one reason, I'm sad to say, I will never own a bike.
i think you mean people cant be replaced :)

glad you're ok man, thats some crazy shi t!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Glad you're alright. Too many close calls with bikes. I've read in the newspaper here 3 deaths in the last week alone in my city. Unbelieveable.
I used to ride an R6, until it was dumped under a truck by a friend of mine. Luckily he was alrite... I will never ride a bike again though... I value my life more.

Attachments

·
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx guys. It's funny, I can do 3rd gear 100mph wheelies no sweat...sit at a red light, and someones else decides my fait :hmm:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Damn dude ... glad u are ok. Someone is deff looking after you.

·
1,115 Posts
damn Sal thats crazy! even when you're careful it can happen when you least expect it.

you know what sucks, if something would have happend to you we would have never kown about it.

im glad you're ok :thumbup:

·
Registered
421 Posts
danm. as long as you're ok. Well good luck with everything dude.

O and btw last year in austin some guy on a bike fell off the freeway and hit a sign comming down and sliced him up. Died instantly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad your okay! I ride a 2004 R1 and was almost rear-ended at a stop by some punk kid driving his parents his parents CLK-55 WAY faster than his abilities. Needless to say, from his car back no one moved until I was finished with my dissertation on how his @ss was about to be handed to him and he better settle down before he killed someone..... (ME). I was shaking pretty bad too....... pretty damn scary. I will admit, there seem to have been more accidents involving riders this year than usual. Sorry to ramble but again, glad to hear your okay. :thumbup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
holy !!! glad ur alright !!!! but ur bike is messed up !!
yeah... riding bikes is really dangerous, I used to have a bike but since my accident I sold my bike and stopped riding.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Glad to see your alright...I used to ride almost that exact bike until I started racing and gave up riding on the streets. I had a similar experience actually which resulted in a close call but no accident. When I was first getting into track riding I was on my way to load the bike on a trailor at my parents house for a track day...sitting at a stoplight and a Toyota Tundra completely didn't see me until the last minute...all I heard was squeeling tires and as I turned over my left shoulder I was missed by less than 6 inches by this truck jumping the median to miss me. My entire track day that day was ruined because It shook me up quite a bit.

And

1 - 20 of 47 Posts