BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 325ci
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, tried to search this issue out and only came across this thread on the matter with no replies.

I have recently installed the modern style one piece wiper blades, but I believe the wiper blade guides are fowling the fitment. It causes a slight bowing of the blade by pressing down on the end.

Long story short, before I hack this out, is there any issue removing this part?

·
Premium Member
2005, E46 Convertible, 330CI M Sport, Mystic Blue, 76k Miles
182 Posts
I got new blades in eurocarparts. Doubted the guy at first as the sizes they supplied differed to what I had read but they fit and work perfectly. Driver side was a 19" and passenger is bigger.

·
Registered
2006 325ci
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input lads, but the length of the wipers is fine. What i want to know is if there is any issue removing part 9 from the wiper arm when using blades like the image below.

Furthermore, anyone know how to remove said part?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can't find it but one of the beam type manufacturers instruct to remove that piece of plastic. When I did I found a metal part of the arm protruding. Rather than risk that tab scratching the glass I reinstalled the plastic guide. I'm still thinking about removing it anyway. It definitely screws up the blade. The plastic piece came out easy once I guessed the right direction to twist it.

·
Registered
2006 325ci
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Managed to pop it out today, there was a little catch that holds it in under the metal piece that attaches the arm-spring to the arm itself. Just pried it down with a small screwdriver, and popped off the plastic.

everything seems to be sitting correctly now, and it looks like the remaining metal piece wont foul the glass or the blade.

thanks for all the input lads (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts