BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you take the window trim(drip rail molding) off? How do you get the window trim on the door and 1/4 window off, as well?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I did a search for this same info and found nada!:hmm:

Does anyone have experience removing the roof drip and under window trim? I want to remove and have all my chrome stripped so that I can powdercoat the pieces 30% gloss black.

OEM shadow line trim pieces are expensive and a rough estimate places puchasing all new trim at roughly $2K! :banghead:

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
shadow trim

i saw that the one guy said shadow trim was about $2000 well i went and looked up the shadow trim and the black trim like the 325 uses on www.realoem.com and the rough price for the black is about $306 and for the high gloss its about $840

·
Registered
187 Posts
Price depends upon the car you are trimming.

The touring has the most linear feet of trim 5 pieces per side

Per side
$195.30 - Molding, Roof Drainage, Left Front
$195.30 - Molding, Roof Drainage, Left Rear
$ ? - Molding, Drivers Window Door
$ ? - Molding, Passengers Window Door
$ ? - Molding, Cargo Window

I did not find prices for all of the pieces, but the left rear molding is about the same length as the shortest base of window trim.

If I can understand how to remove these pieces without causing damage, powder-coating looks like the best alternative.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Why doesn't anyone want to touch this topic?:hmm:

Has no one out there dared to remove their window trim?:rolleyes:

Don't tell me that I have to potentially break or bend something to figure this out?:tsk:

Next time I get a chance I am going to visit a salvage yard and do a little prying to learn how the trim attaches.

Stay tuned

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks brother! I just started to pop the front of the roof drip loose and lifted one of the window frames as well.:bow:

Seems pretty easy if you ease it off slowly.

I have to go to CA on business tomorrow but I plan to pop it off when I get back and take all the pieces to the powder-coater next week.:)

My touring is going to get blacked out chrome for x-mas!:excited:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts