E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to locate the amplifier on my 2005 325Ci vert with Business CD, no HK or Nav.

I have looked in the boot - nothing, behind the rear left armrest panel - nothing and behind the rear seats - nothing. Where could it be?

I am starting to think that the Business CD HU is powering all of the speakers.

I am in the process of upgrading the audio in the vert and have already upgraded my speakers to BSW - Stage1 (Upgrade Part#1). Nice improvement but still lacking a little bass. (Will fix with a sub as Upgrade Part #3 of the upgrade.)

Next I am upgrading the Business CD HU to the Eonon G7150 HU (Upgrade Part#2). Not sure if 45watts from the G7150 is enough power to go around, so I may upgrade to a new amp to drive the speakers

Hence my search for the amp. All helpful responses appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I just recalled why I didn't notice it there! Not sure if it was this video or another, they mentioned a shortcut (NPI) to snip the lower panel by the 3rd speaker screw this way yo would need to remove the panel Of course I did that

At least one more question/. So all the audio outputs go from the Business CD to the amp and then all the speaker wires go from the amp to the speakers? Then why is there another bundle of audio wires in the boot on the left side near where the cd changer and nav should be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.