BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, just wanted to post up what someone is offering. this kit is for e36/e46 and will sell for $2500. Please give me some reviews and comments! thanks!
and yes, this is my 1st experience with forced induction that is why i need help!!! THANKS!:read:

SPA T3/T4 Turbocharger"70-63 spa 7000H"

Comparable to :GARRETT GT3582R - 714568-3
Horsepower 400-600
T3 FLANGE
External wastegate
Compressor inducer – 64.8mm
Compressor educe – 91.4 mm
COMPRESSOR TRIM - 50
Compressor housing A/R - .70
Turbine inducer – 73.4mm
Turbine educe 55.9mm
TURBINE TRIM - 58
Turbine housing A/R - .63

Downpipe & Oil Sensor Bung

T3 Cast Iron Exhaust manifold

Turbo DIscharge Pipes

Complete Oil Line KIT

Wastegate

Wastegate Down Pipe

Mechanical Boost Gauge and Gauge Pod

Nylon Hose 1/4 x 1000 mm

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Vacuum Lines

Crank Case Turbo Oil Drain

Down Pipe Studs

EPDM Elbow Hose

EPDM Flexible Hose

Brass Fitting 1/8 NPT x 1/4 SAE - Straight

Stainless Steel Braided Hose ( oil feed to turbocharger)

Turbo Oil Return Flange & Gasket

Oil Inlet Flange & Gasket

Oil Adapter

2 1/2 Hose Clamps

5/8 Hose Clamps

Fuel Clamps

M10 Hex Nuts

Turbo charger Clamps

Brass Fitting 1/4 Hose Straight

Hexagon Socket Head Screws

Copper Nuts

Manifold Studs

Brass Fitting 1/8 NPT x 1/4 SAE - 90 Degrees

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator Mount

Wastegate Support Bracket

Wastegate Braided Stainless Steel Hose

Engine Mount

Carbon Iron Reducer

Air Filter

Turbocharger Oil Drain Hose

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
sounds good but most important of all the tuning, how are you going to tune it?

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
How can the kit be for both cars? :blink: And how do they plan on their customers tuning the car? I see no mention of an ECU upgrade.

It's $2500 for a box of parts and no way of this "kit" actually working on your car.

FYI - There are NO off the shelf turbo kits for E46's. I doubt some dude with an eBay sounding ad is going to whip one up when Active Autowerke, Technik Engineering, ESS Tuning, etc, don't offer a kit. :idea:

·
Horror Business
28,523 Posts
How could the kit be for both E36's and E46's? I also don't see any Engine Management there which is the probably the biggest hurdle in going FI. The hardware is only part of the equation, properly tuning the car's software is a lengthy and vital process.

Also, there are currently no bolt-on turbo kits for the E46 so if this guy is claiming that, then run far far away

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320082816075&rd=1,1

i was not too sure about this at 1st, i thought the manifold for the e36 and e46 are different and he didnt offer any ecu upgrade. :banghead: but THAT HOW MUCH I WANT A TURBO KIT FOR MY POOR SLOW E46!!! :shhh: well yea, i have a friend from south bay bmw so im going to tell him to check it out or whatever... i dont want to settle for a sc, i want the big bad turbo!:bow:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know what i just saw in the install paper, it says kit turbo bmw 325 E36. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
23 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320082816075&rd=1,1

i was not too sure about this at 1st, i thought the manifold for the e36 and e46 are different and he didnt offer any ecu upgrade. :banghead: but THAT HOW MUCH I WANT A TURBO KIT FOR MY POOR SLOW E46!!! :shhh: well yea, i have a friend from south bay bmw so im going to tell him to check it out or whatever... i dont want to settle for a sc, i want the big bad turbo!:bow:
dont want to settle for a supercharger? you would probably see more gains with a twin screw than a turbo...and you wouldn't have any lag.

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts

Well you're going to have to settle because turbo kits don't exist.

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
can you send me a link so i can check it out?
ESS Tuning offers Twin Screw SC kits, they have many, many happy customers. There are also several makers that offer centrifugal SC kits for your car, just browse the FI forum for more info. :thumbup: Keep your options open and read/research what you can from different manufactures don't simply purchase based on regurgitated information that you've read from a forum, let alone people that may not even have a FI kit. ;)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awsome, thanks guys.

what would you guys recommend for my car thought?
what would you get if you had my car?

i just spent 5k since i just hit 100k on my 325i 01, got new suspension and bars.
feels better than when i got this car at 67k.:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
awsome, thanks guys.

what would you guys recommend for my car thought?
what would you get if you had my car?

i just spent 5k since i just hit 100k on my 325i 01, got new suspension and bars.
feels better than when i got this car at 67k.:)
How much do you want to spend? If you are on a budget, AA is having a special on there kits. I believe $4500. If money is not option, go with the twin screw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts