E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 BMW 330i Manual
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, my new to me 330i’s wheel, while in overall good shape, the leather is super shiny. I’m new to all of this and while I’ve seen similar wheels to mine be restored via cleaning, im wondering if I should consider one of those places where I send off my wheel and get a new “remanufactured” one? I’d love to have some nice crispy new smooth leather on a wheel. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Not one for the super flashy carbon fiber feels, but something new and fresh might be a cool touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 BMW 330i Manual
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good clean can bring the satin finish back to the leather but if it's really well used and smooth then a replacement leather cover can be fitted. Kinda depends how good you are with a sewing needle and thread.
I mean, I don’t personally have much experience with sewing at all, and I’m kind of OCD, so I’d rather leave it to a pro or something if that makes sense. Would also just be nice to have something fresh and new if it’s not too expensive.

·
Registered
2003 BMW 330i Manual
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think mine is the m sport, right? I’m eager to take a crack at it honestly. But does it really move around a bit?

·
Registered
2003 BMW 330i Manual
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love leatherique, nothing cleans and revives leather like it.

Quite expensive though, I assume you have leather seats you could use it on too though.

Apply renovator liberally to all leather, massage in with your hands, and leave it in the sun for a couple days. Then bucket of water and cloth, spray the pristine clean on and rub all the rejuvenate off. You'll need to go through a few buckets of water
Thank you! I’ll give this a shot

·
Registered
2003 BMW 330i Manual
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a link to the kit @Kyriva ? You did a great job with it (y)

OP, your wheel looks in decent shape still. I'd buy the cheapest, most worn m-sport wheel on ebay to refurbish - either professionally or DIY - then resell my old wheel when it's done. You should get a good price for it.
Yeah Maybe I should give that a go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts