E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a part to completely replace the sound amplifier harness? Mine has a bunch of cut wires from when I had my aftermarket amp in and Im putting it back to stock. It's very hard to resplice all the wires back to stock and I just want to replace the entire harness.

This is the harness I am talking about:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a part to completely replace the sound amplifier harness? Mine has a bunch of cut wires from when I had my aftermarket amp in and Im putting it back to stock. It's very hard to resplice all the wires back to stock and I just want to replace the entire harness.

This is the harness I am talking about:

Hey, what did you end up doing about this problem?

I have a similar issue. Some of my wires from the amp are burnt due to a short and I'm looking for an easier fix than tearing my car apart following the wires from the amp to wherever it leads

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
A tidy splicing job will work fine - get some shrink tube and wire and start soldering or use a strip of veroboard if you dont like wire to wire which admittedly can be fiddly. Cut the section required from a wreck if needed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't believe I got an email notice about this thread...lol

I actually sold my 330Ci like 3 years ago. I actually don't remember what i did with the harness but I did get everything back to stock before I sold it so I either found a replacement or ended up splicing the wires back together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can't believe I got an email notice about this thread...lol

I actually sold my 330Ci like 3 years ago. I actually don't remember what i did with the harness but I did get everything back to stock before I sold it so I either found a replacement or ended up splicing the wires back together.
Ahh, well do you remember if you had to run the new wires for the amp or harness back towards the front of the car? I feel like you would have had to do that if you got a new harness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.