BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does this sound famliar to anyone?

I have a new '02 3 series.

Sometimes when I start my car during the cold days, I hear a belt like screeching under the hood?

Any ideas. Anything I should be worried about and what can BMW dealership do.

LL

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
yea i have that kinda.. not when i start my car, but right after.. when i start it and start reversing.. i get a lil whine that sounds like the belts from under the hood...

also, if i tap the gas lightly, maybe rev up to 1k, u can hear a little rubbing sound in the engine ccompartment.. im on winter vacation right now so im taking to the dealer and telling them to do my 15k change.. and fix my steering issue.. and my battery light thaT never goes out.. and tell them to not give it back until they fix it compketely bc my dad wants me to sell it if they don.t :(

·
Jo-Mamma
95 Posts
I used to get that...I took my car into the dealer and they told me they fixed a part that was broken by the belt...i dunno but it went away:dunno:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem and the dealer said that it is a leaking water pump. The part is on back order, I've been waiting 2 weeks for it to get here.

I have a 2002 325ci as well.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Hmm, I have that sound too :( Off to the dealer it goes.

Chip-

·
Registered
46 Posts
I HAVE THAT 2!!!!

Good now i know to send it to the dealer...is it under warranty .....*should be on cause i have a 2002 325i* if not...next time im buying a lexus :flipoff:
Can you guys let me know what your dealers have to say about the problem.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The answer to this belt like noise

BMW said it was nothing. They said something about the cold air and the air filter mixture causing the noise and when it mixes correctly, it stops making a noise.

I just went with it cause the noise always went away after a couple minutes of warming up.

LL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I talked to a guy at my dealership and he says he hears that a lot (about the squeking noise) He said they would take care of it when i bring it back. Sounds like they know whats wrong with it ....ill try and find out what he thinks it is when i take it back

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah it might be cold weather but what other car does that in cold weather.....at least not any that ive heard of :banghead:

·
www.dpe-wheels.com
2,230 Posts
i have the same problem, but it last for like 3 to 4 seconds. then it goes away. i took it to the dealer and they said everything is okay. don't worry about it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah i know it goes away after a while but i thought i seen somewhere on this board that someone got a belt replaced then that annoying squeek went away

I HATE DA SQUEEK!!!:banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts