E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what this connector goes to? It’s above the switches for the windows underneath the dash

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Was your car manual swapped? If you don't know, use a vin decoder. Those may be for the auto shifter assy and the shift position indicator plate.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was your car manual swapped? If you don't know, use a vin decoder. Those may be for the auto shifter assy and the shift position indicator plate.

[/QUOTE/]
are bmws wired for automatic swaps as well? Car is a manual

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Isnt a auto automatic shift assembly. Pulled it up from under the carpet. If anyone knows let me know

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the window switches connector.
Thats the one underneath with the tape. Thats what I thought too until I went to plug everything in. It was Just sitting there. Nothing for it to plug into. Looked up the diagram for the auto shifter assembly and this isn’t even close to the connector that goes to it. It was hiding underneath the carpet keep in mind

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,354 Posts
Can someone tell me what this connector goes to? It’s above the switches for the windows underneath the dash
Is there a 7 digit part number on the tape?

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,354 Posts
Most factory harness' have a band around it with a part number on it. I can't tell from your photo, is that masking tape or a factory placed sticker with a number?
If it has a 7 digit number, I have a chance to look it up.

·
Registered
2002 330i 5 Speed
206 Posts
Man, I am not sure. It feels like it would go behind the A/C control or radio. Maybe put your hand back there to see if it came unplugged?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man, I am not sure. It feels like it would go behind the A/C control or radio. Maybe put your hand back there to see if it came unplugged?
That’s what I was saying. Doesn’t go to anything on the dash. Did a carpet swap so Ik this came up from underneath the carpet. Strange That I even found it. Didnt seem to be plugged into anything as it was crusted over with rust. Also watched a million videos and, This connector doesn’t seem to be in anyone’s dash

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does your car have the prewire for a phone? That's where it would be if that's what it is.
Yes it’s wired but the wiring for that is taped up and in front of the e brake. This is a whole foot away from those wires. Pulling the carpet back out today. Will update if I have any news

1 - 20 of 22 Posts