E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My BMW 330i sedan (2000, pfl) has got the facelifted tail lights (I bought it like that), but the running lights are not the same as on this picture:

I want the red part of the trunk-side to be running lights, just like they did on the picture. I live in Europe, so right now the left one is being used as a fog light.

In short: My car has got the facelift tail lights, but when the running lights are on, X3, X4 and X1 light up. When I brake, X1 lights up. I want X3, X4 and X5 to be on when I put the running lights on, and I want X1 to only light up when I brake. How can I do this? :tsk:

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,338 Posts
The wiring was different on the facelift taillights I believe. My 2002 operates just as you desire and I have both rear fogs light. Running lights in X5 are a lower brightness just as X3 and X4 and when I press my rear fog button, the X5 lights are brighter just as X1 brake lights.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
What Overboost said. Facelift sedans had nighttime running lights in the X5 location in that picture. Otherwise on prefacelift cars not sold in North America there were rear fog lights in those pics. I assume the same for facelift regarding rear fog lights.

You can get the nighttime running lights to work on a prefacelift by splicing the wire in the X4 location since that bulb is not a brake light

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to bring this up...
I did a LED rear facelift on my e46 post facelift and my 2 (fog lights) are always on when I turn the light on.
I would like them to be Off and just ON when turning fog lights ON. I want to have just the 1 Lights to be my running lights.
Can I do this on NCS Expert?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tried playing with those values but I cannot find a way to make lights #2 turn OFF.
Somehow my car is assuming that the running lights are the #2 lights, because if I choose "Rear fog light as stand lights" the #1 lights turn on. Strange!!
I bought an LCM from UK with sw 3.6 and coded it to my match my car.

By the way. I had only the inner leds of the lights #1 ON and now they are all ON. I would prefer only the inner leds.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The only cars that had the trunk lid lights as nighttime running lights were facelift sedans. Other vehicles used them only as rear fog lights where there was a separate switch next to the front fog light button.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is a 320d Sedan Facelift (2003) European. I would like to remove the option that makes the trunk lid lights as nighttime running lights.

·
Registered
85 Posts
(Could someone move this thread to "E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum"?
I didn't realized that were a forum just for light coding. Sorry!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could someone please send me their ALSZ file with rear fog lights off? I would like to compare it with mine.
I think I'm missing something related with PWM...

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
754 Posts
What have you got for:

PIN37_49_PARKL
activ
nicht_active

Pins 37 and 49 are the LCM outputs for the inner boot lights. The file for my facelift coupe has that set as nicht_activ and they don't light up with my tail lights, only as fog.

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
754 Posts
Yes, standard fit rear LEDs on the facelift coupe. LMK how you get on. If that doesn't work I'll PM you my file, but be aware I've customised it quite a bit so there might be stuff in there that stops other things working properly on your car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts