E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there! I recently just bought some halos for the ol' 3 series so before putting them on I've decided it's a good time to restore my headlight lenses. In doing the outsides I noticed there's kind of a 'burn' in the plastic on only the passenger side in front of my low beam (on the inside of the lens). I'm assuming that is from the after market xenon bulbs in there.

Just wondering since I've never cleaned anything like that, would it be the same process of sanding down, polishing and using the headlight vapor? Or would the inside of the lense/the type of wear on require a different process?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,294 Posts
For the already low cost of OEM replacements, minus the cost of whatever cleaning system you're planning on using it's so much better to just replace them. Crystal clear lenses brighten up any car.

Don't forget the gaskets.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I had that type of "discoloration" (for lack of a better word) on my lenses. Never could get that part entirely clear. It seemed to run through the entire thickness of the plastic. Although my original polishing efforts returned pretty decent results I found myself having redo the polishing every few months or so to keep up the best appearance.

Finally sprung for new lenses and was glad I did. I'm thankful we have the option of replaceable lenses as it seems most vehichles these days are not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it seems I'm seeing new lenses all around! Haha. Thanks guys. I was thinking about getting new lenses, but I was always scared they wouldn't be up to OEM quality

1 - 9 of 9 Posts