E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

:story:
So some under-educated, quadrupedal swine purposefully bashed my passenger side mirror; I wasn’t there to witness I woke up the next morning to find my mirror dangling. (If you’re going to damage someone’s car, choose something less easily replaceable than a mirror) but were glad he didn’t.

Anyhow,

i have a full replacement http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=827192&highlight=mirror (thanks neilferrari) but my question is my car is TiAg;
how do I properly remove the painted cover? Does it pull of without tools? Please help me,

Thanks mate

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,

:story:
So some under-educated, quadrupedal swine purposefully bashed my passenger side mirror; I wasn’t there to witness I woke up the next morning to find my mirror dangling. (If you’re going to damage someone’s car, choose something less easily replaceable than a mirror) but were glad he didn’t.

Anyhow,

i have a full replacement http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=827192&highlight=mirror (thanks neilferrari) but my question is my car is TiAg;
how do I properly remove the painted cover? Does it pull of without tools? Please help me,

Thanks mate
Same thing happened to me but the assh0le kicked it so hard it dented my door also! anyway you should be able to pull the cover off, it`s just clipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my 2004 CI squeezing the clips is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I tried everything, until I got it right. You should easily see the four tab areas. They will be a square area of black plastic with a black tab and a mirror housing colored tab. All you have to do is poke a small flat object (screw driver) in between the two tabs. This works because the two tabs have serrations that lock the two pieces together. Separate the serrations and you release the two pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts