E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm doing a 2000 323i 4dr swap and throwing in a m62b35 that I have.
I'm making a drift car so electrical won't be a big deal as there's going to be nothing much to conmect.
Planning on putting in a stand alone ecu instead of trying to screw around with BMW's.
I'm getting all my own gauges so that won't be an issue.
Im wondering what I'm going to need to do to strengthen the frame other than getting a subframe reinforcement kit.
I know I'm going to have to cut out the transmission hump to make a bigger one for the 6 speed transmission.
As I don't know how to weld I'm going to send the car in to get mounts made and transmission hump made, basically get it set up to drop in the engine but not getting them to install the engine.

More so just wondering anything else I'm going to need for this swap as this is my first swap and I know its going to be a tough one

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,250 Posts
Since I've been hanging out in BMW boards V8 swap threads are either "I did it, see pics" or chest-thumping from wannabes. I hope you're the former because I haven't seen a good swap thread in a while.

A lot have come here with V8 ambitions, but very few get far. If you do, post pictures and you'll be a hero.

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,129 Posts
If you're building a competitive drift car, don't they require a cage? If so, that should be all you need to strengthen/stiffen the chassis. Assuming you have a cage builder who knows what he's doing. Expect to pay a pretty penny though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://m.imgur.com/a/R8acp
Here's the progress so far, unfortunately I'm not the other guy that was attempting this swap but both me and my buddy are working on it as a joint project and hoping to have it on the road by nevembee of this year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts