BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Customer picked up an 05 M3 SMG Convertible a few weeks ago and has since moved down to sunny F L A. Coming from an e36 M3 he's always wanted the e46 and was finally able to make it happen for himself. So he started dealing with S&T World and ordered some c/f mods, but since they couldn't get the fitment right, they called on Bulletproof Customs. In the end, the customer decided to cut out the middle man and brought his car directly over to the shop.

He wants to do everything from exterior mods to music and a Turbo kit. Yesterday we properly installed the Carbon Fiber Hood and front diffuser. He also has the rear center diffuser, but that thing was so poorly crafted that it will need some heavy modification to make it fit properly or will be returned to sender. He also had the wheels put on yesterday by Speed and Truck World. (DISCLAIMER: we had nothing to do with his wheel selection)

Per customer request we're going to do the front of the car 1st. Angel eyes--probably Predator V2s, smoked corners and matching HID head and fog lights. Side markers will be smoked as well as painting the interior trim or replacing with c/f. Eventually we're going to paint some sections of the hood--we're undecided on so far on which section it will be tho. This is going to be a slow process since this is his dd so he will drop the car off here and there when possible. Surely he will come up with plenty more ideas here and there as will we :D

I will post pics from yesterday from ze iPhone belowest

edit: Note to self-SMG transmission will not engage gear with hood open :facepalm:

·
Registered
250 Posts
not a fan of the wheels but maybe they will look better once the windows get tinted and the car gets dropped i guess... looking forward to the outcome!

·
Registered
391 Posts
wow i see what you are trying to do here but...... I am not feeling the wheels at all!!!!! The hood has the wrong shape for the vents IMO. I think a csl trunk would look better than whats there now.

http://www.rezmoto.com/march2009/gallery/BMWM3/index.html

http://www.rezmoto.com/march2009/gallery/BMWM3/index.html
LOL. I see you have the Carbon8 hood with thier normal fitment (off). Having mine reworked now. Your resin gone bad yet? I am painting the whole working on the mounts and possibly shaving it down a little. I really like how the vent near the windshield on the C8 hood is compared to all the others.

·
Registered
425 Posts
its in the body shop now for other stuff. i think i will try to get the fitment a bit better. when i put the hood on i didnt feel like shimming the fenders. and two years later the the clear coat is starting ti give way at the edges. time for painting has come.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow i see what you are trying to do here but...... I am not feeling the wheels at all!!!!! The hood has the wrong shape for the vents IMO. I think a csl trunk would look better than whats there now.
The Trunk is a good idea but all the other parts were already provided by the owner of the car. We're just gonna try to save it from here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Really really dont like the smoked lights, that makes the car looks cheap. It's not a honda!!

And what happened to the M logo??? Put back the color strips! Sacrilege to touch these colors.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts