BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so as if getting the engine replaced because of bad bearings wasn't bad enough I have another serious problem with my 2002 M3 Convertible with SMG. When I was driving my car, it suddenly started going slower and slower, as I hit the gas pedal the revs went up but the car kept going slower. I pulled over and called AAA to get towed. I kept trying to start it up but nothing. A yellow light was on and when I looked it up in the book it said it meant the SMG had been overloaded. The next time I tried to start it the problem was even worse, when I would shift it from reverse to neutral or first gear the dash still read reverse and I couldn't start it. I had the alternator tested and the levels were very incosistent and I was told by someone that worked at a BMW in Denmark for service for ten years that the alternator is definitely bad but he doesn't know much about SMG since it was developed after he left BMW.

This happened Saturday so no dealers are open, it will be at a dealer tomorrow, but I just want to see - has heard of this?

Has anyone else been having a lot of problems with their E46 M3s? Everytime I talk to Cutter about little problems they have no idea what they are talking about and they take the car for three days and return it and tell me they were "unable to replicate the problem".

Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
someone on roadfly.org said it might be the SMG pump and that BMW had some problems with them.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
i never had problems with my 2003m3smg

but you should bring it into the dealership have them trouble shoot your car. they should find out what the trouble is for you.

by the way you should have your 2002m3 flat beded to the dealer. 3 series cars and m3's get damaged if you let it be towed by toll truck. their is a hook in the trunk of your car that goes
into your bumber in the front to pull your car onto the flatbed.
if i was you don't ever get your car tolled you will do more damage to your back bumber. because it will drag on ground if they tolled your m3.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Have you used launch control at all? Sorry to hear that your car is fscked bro. Believe me, I know the feeling.

: popcorn:

AdamR

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: i never had problems with my 2003m3smg

That is interested you said that. I called BMW Roadside last time I had a problem and they brought out a toll truck and I told them to get a flat bed. The guy that brought the flat bed used too high of an incline while pulling me up, aside from clipping onto the underbelly of my car, and tore off my rear bumper. I didn't know he was suppose to hook up to a certain spot on my m3 but now I do.

Thanks for your help everyone!

bobm3 said:
but you should bring it into the dealership have them trouble shoot your car. they should find out what the trouble is for you.

by the way you should have your 2002m3 flat beded to the dealer. 3 series cars and m3's get damaged if you let it be towed by toll truck. their is a hook in the trunk of your car that goes
into your bumber in the front to pull your car onto the flatbed.
if i was you don't ever get your car tolled you will do more damage to your back bumber. because it will drag on ground if they tolled your m3.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts