E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called Pacific BMW and got the prices from them. It will cost around $40 total for each side. Many people tho have said that they got the entire set, both sides, for around $40. So right now I am kind of confused. Pacific BMW has the parts in stock and is local so I'm not worried about ordering. If you guys can tell me exactly what parts you bought and the exact total, it would really help me out.

The enclosed pic has the part numbers I inquired Pacific BMW about and the total was approximately $38 with tax. If I double the price for the other side too, it will be around $80.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, this is a pic I found from searching, and I was wondering what the metal part, similar in color to the Z3 reinforcement plate, is. It the piece under the hex nut with a white marking on it. Do I need this piece too? Or is it already on my car?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ci FLY said:
Also, this is a pic I found from searching, and I was wondering what the metal part, similar in color to the Z3 reinforcement plate, is. It the piece under the hex nut with a white marking on it. Do I need this piece too? Or is it already on my car?
I paid roughly around $80 for the set including Z3 plates. The Z3 plates are optional but not necessary.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chailo27 said:

I paid roughly around $80 for the set including Z3 plates. The Z3 plates are optional but not necessary.
i see, just additional reinforcemnt perhaps?

Will not having the Z3 plates reduce the security/sturdiness?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delirium said:
how do you install those?

what about Turner motorsport RSMor Ground control RSMs? Are the M3 ones the best?
basically it goes on top of your rear shocks and attatched to the top of your rear wheel wells (screwed in from the trunk after the carpeting has been removed).

TMS ones are good too, but the e46 m3 + z3 plate combo gets the job done for the cheapest price, hence my choice.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clem said:
I got everything in that pic minus the reinforcement plates
Clem why didnt you get the reinforcement plates? Was it cuz it just cost more or you didnt really need it? This is my main debate right now. As soon as I find out the purpose of the Z3 plates, im running over the Pacific BMW and picking the shizzle up.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
i just ordered all that too yesterday from my dealership, came up to $78 total

·
E46 FANATIK
495 Posts
Ci FLY said:

Clem why didnt you get the reinforcement plates? Was it cuz it just cost more or you didnt really need it? This is my main debate right now. As soon as I find out the purpose of the Z3 plates, im running over the Pacific BMW and picking the shizzle up.
you dont need it if you put a bar....dont quote me on it.

but here are the prices i got from pacific:

Attachments

·
Alpha Male
6,032 Posts
Ci FLY said:

I have a rear strut bar. The bases/brackets do the same job as the reinforcement plates.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fonzer said:

you dont need it if you put a bar....dont quote me on it.

but here are the prices i got from pacific:
A bar? where can i score one of those?

did you buy them for the NET prices?? If so, hook me up :thumbup:

EDIT: nm, u mean like a sway bar right?

·
E46 FANATIK
495 Posts
Ci FLY said:

A bar? where can i score one of those?

did you buy them for the NET prices?? If so, hook me up :thumbup:

EDIT: nm, u mean like a sway bar right?
strut bar.

yeah got it for net prices from pacific. u too should get the same price?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fonzer said:

strut bar.

yeah got it for net prices from pacific. u too should get the same price?
I called them up and gave them the part numbers from the first pic i posted and they gave me the listed prices. How can I get those net prices? they are great prices!

·
yo mama
1,566 Posts
Ci FLY said:

basically it goes on top of your rear shocks and attatched to the top of your rear wheel wells (screwed in from the trunk after the carpeting has been removed).

TMS ones are good too, but the e46 m3 + z3 plate combo gets the job done for the cheapest price, hence my choice.
oh I thought you had to install them on top of the shock in between the shock & wheel well. So you just screw it on? How do the 2 screws on top attach to the shock? Is there a DIY?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Delirium said:

oh I thought you had to install them on top of the shock in between the shock & wheel well. So you just screw it on? How do the 2 screws on top attach to the shock? Is there a DIY?
yea the rsm is inbetween the shock and wheel well, but the screws come in from on top of the wheel well, which is done from the trunk.

you can PM and ask vinnymac, he installed them with his H&R cup kit.

http://e46fanatics.com/review/reviewdetail.php?review_id=32

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ci FLY said:

I called them up and gave them the part numbers from the first pic i posted and they gave me the listed prices. How can I get those net prices? they are great prices!
Its the stupidest system in the world. If you use their mail order system, it's much cheaper, even if you do live in Glendale. It cost me 40-50 bucks at the dealer.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Delirium said:
From the picture above it looks like the RSM goes inside the wheel well.... not on top..? :dunno:
yea under the wheel well, and screwed in from the top of the wheel well, i was typing fast

1 - 20 of 33 Posts