E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a power seat in a originally non-power E46 M3? I want standard power seats without heat and without lumbar, just power.

Which parts would I need and are there any modifications necessary? Thanks!

Ed

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,688 Posts
edmo7 said:
how much are they worth?
maybe start searching the 'for sale' section for prices. I'll do a trade if you're willing. I have standard powered seats in black leather.

are yours heated and powered? and what color?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a power seat in a originally non-power E46 M3? I want standard power seats without heat and without lumbar, just power.

Which parts would I need and are there any modifications necessary? Thanks!

Ed

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
I know it is possible. ac325ci swapped seats with someone to get sport seats. His non-sport were power and the sport seats were not. And he managed to get the power seats to work.

Rich

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm all in on this. I need to get rid of my Premium Package seats and pick up some sport-seats, or M3 seats. Got gray leather, but I can work around THAT problem!

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,505 Posts
srcstc said:
I know it is possible. ac325ci swapped seats with someone to get sport seats. His non-sport were power and the sport seats were not. And he managed to get the power seats to work.

Rich
yeah , u can do it :thumbup:

·
Europrojektz Malaysia
1,688 Posts
edmo7 said:
do you guys know which parts I'll need, and if anything would need to be modified?
I bet if we're to do a direct swap then it'll be a matter of just swaping everything. Still wondering if yours is powered/heated and what color.

Thanks

·
Big in Japan
1,120 Posts
The best way to tell, and I am 99% sure you can just get them and plug them in, is to look under your existing seats for any wiring harnesses ( you may have to remove one to do so) BMWs are prewired for heated seats, I am very sure they are prewired for power.

Now..about these m3 seats you have to sell..color? price?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts