E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am currently in the market for clean e46 m3 coupe (with manual gearbox), and at the moment i am not having much luck.
Can anyone suggest where to look, besides the obvious "carsales.com".

Or is anyone interested in selling their car?

I am located in Sydney, and will consider cars outside NSW.

Budget: $35-$45K

Any info is welcome, please PM me.

The specs i am after:

Manual
Standard car
Coupe

Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Budget: Not sure, all depends on how good the car is. But, i have budgeted in the high 30's for a mint example.

Kms: i want something around the 100k mark.
I paid under $40k (a fair bit) for an 04 M3 6-speed manual with 50,000KM on the clock and bone stock.

Carbon Schwarz Metallic with kiwi leather & sunroof.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Budget: Not sure, all depends on how good the car is. But, i have budgeted in the high 30's for a mint example.

Kms: i want something around the 100k mark.
Don't intend to deflate your tyres mate but you have to be very very lucky. High 30's may not get you that e46 manual in mint condition. It might, but based on an smg being falsely advertised as a manual with 115K kms yesterday at 39k without road costs and attracting 150 odd views in the first 2 hours you're up with some serious competition for that elusive car or at very least need to have the stars align in your favour somehow. Not saying its not possible, but slim to none for your perfect car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't intend to deflate your tyres mate but you have to be very very lucky. High 30's may not get you that e46 manual in mint condition. It might, but based on an smg being falsely advertised as a manual with 115K kms yesterday at 39k without road costs and attracting 150 odd views in the first 2 hours you're up with some serious competition for that elusive car or at very least need to have the stars align in your favour somehow. Not saying its not possible, but slim to none for your perfect car.

Price and how much i am prepared to pay, is purely dependent on the condition of the car.
Have been looking now for 18months, and realise it will not be easy. If only the stars would align.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Holy crap! That much want for a stick e46 m3. Keeping mine for sure.
What are ppls attitude to mods when buying?
Quite simply, seller advertises car for what the seller is happy to sell it for. The buyer has choice to purchase with the mods or without. If they don't want the mods they come off the car. Nobody should feel any obligation between parties. Tyre kickers and low ballers are generally good walkers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy crap! That much want for a stick e46 m3. Keeping mine for sure.
What are ppls attitude to mods when buying?
Mods are a personal choice. Personally, I like the e46 M3 standard, I think it looks great and has more than enough performance for everyday use.

If you mod your car the way you want it, and then go to sell it - there will be no guaranty the buyer will like them.
Always keep the original parts so they can be put back if needs be.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.